Jason Varitek - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Varitek

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Varitek

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun May 16, 2004 3:55 pm

After trading for him recently, he has gone 0-10, or something awful like that. Before the trade officially went through, I picked up Victor Martinez and dropped Barrett, thinking he would hold the position until Varitek was on my team. But martinez has played so well that I've decided to keep him, and now I have excess catchers. I am trying to trade Varitek for a SS, but I have no idea what level SS I could go after. First, should I even be thinking of trading Varitek? And second, if I should trade him, what would be a reasonable offer to make for a SS?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Melo255 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:14 pm

Varitek is struggling the past few days but he is still one of the top 5 catchers in the game. That alone should make him valuable to someone. His numbers right now are very good but I totally agree that you should keep Vic and trade Tek especially since Tek should get you more value. Honestly I think you should be looking at whoever owns Jeter. Varitek and Jeter right now have about the same value I think. You can and should get more than Orlando Cabrera for instance but you won't get Tejada. I know...duh. If you can get nothing good then hold on to him until the people holding these hot but crap catchers-like Inge for example- realize Varitek is top of the line for his position. Good luck.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers