(Adam) Eaton Me Alive - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

(Adam) Eaton Me Alive

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun May 16, 2004 10:43 am

wrveres wrote:Adam ... You are killing me here ....

I own him in about 5 leagues and a few of those have no Bench ...
But no way in hell I am dropping him for Jon Lieber :-/

Hey, at least Lieber will get me the wins. :-b Even if he pitches as badly as Eaton.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rohan » Sun May 16, 2004 11:18 am

you should have never started Eaton against the Cubs. He wasn't pitching well at all. I would have only played him if he had 2-3 good outings
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stratusfactionrt » Sun May 16, 2004 12:14 pm

slomo007 wrote:If he was a FA, I would pick him up in a second....he's not that bad guys, don't overreact.

Amazinz wrote:I agree. Although these last starts have really sucked he's too good to waive. I may bench him his next start though.

Sounds like stuff I heard when I had Contreras earlier in the year.

I hate having players that I have to just keep on the bench while I'm waiting around for thier upside to kick in. Space is limited on fantasy teams, and I don't think Eaton is worth one of those valuable slots right now...
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby amich1 » Sun May 16, 2004 12:29 pm

i dropped him for lieber as well, young pitchers don't always rebound b/c i believe sometimes guys have early success simply b/c no one has faced 'em or seen much tape of them throwing. That was last month & the hitters have figured eaton out. It was an easy decision really considering he has the best offense & best closer ever behind him on the Yanks.
J.Lo? I knew her back when they said "Hey, ho".
amich1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 16, 2004 1:40 pm

stratusfactionrt wrote:
slomo007 wrote:If he was a FA, I would pick him up in a second....he's not that bad guys, don't overreact.

Amazinz wrote:I agree. Although these last starts have really sucked he's too good to waive. I may bench him his next start though.

Sounds like stuff I heard when I had Contreras earlier in the year.

I hate having players that I have to just keep on the bench while I'm waiting around for thier upside to kick in. Space is limited on fantasy teams, and I don't think Eaton is worth one of those valuable slots right now...

Fair enough but did you draft Eaton? Hey if you got lucky enough to have grabbed him off of waivers then kick him to the curb without a worry. But if you did draft him what were you thinking? This guy was a late round draft pick that was all about upside.

He has the stuff but was hurt in '02, hurt at the beginning of '03 and really didn't start to string together good starts until later in the year. So if you're willing to gamble on this guy initially (like I was) than I think he's worth riding for a little while. He started slow last year and has only played in 7 games this year. Fantasy space is limited, I agree, but unless you have no bench positions I don't think it's wasting a slot taking a chance on Eaton. Just my $.02.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby G-Man » Sun May 16, 2004 4:09 pm

give eaton one more start before dropping him, might just be a rough patch....realize why he is still on your roster (good start of the season). if you drop him he will be picked up in 10-12 team leagues i think, but i would certainly grab AJ and stash him on the DL if he is actually available...
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ATECH » Sun May 16, 2004 4:15 pm

Dumped Eaton last night for Oliver Perez.
If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
Then You'll Always Have What You've Already Got.
ATECH
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers