screw you bonds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

screw you bonds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat May 15, 2004 9:22 pm

Jericho wrote:I edited my post to meet your demands ;-D .

You're more than welcome to disagree with people and argue. It happens here a lot. But, just don't insulting people.

Thanks. ;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 15, 2004 9:28 pm

If barry bonds wouldnt have been walked 200 times the past 2 years, he prolly would have hit 60 homers in each of those years. Thats why the homerun total came back down to earth. Just as a disclaimer I believe Bonds took steroids so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Sat May 15, 2004 9:40 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:If barry bonds wouldnt have been walked 200 times the past 2 years, he prolly would have hit 60 homers in each of those years. Thats why the homerun total came back down to earth. Just as a disclaimer I believe Bonds took steroids so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

2000: AB's - 480 HR's - 49
2001: AB's - 476 HR's - 73
2002: AB's - 403 HR's - 46
2003: AB's - 390 HR's - 45

well he had 4 less at bats in 2001 but had 24 more hr's. in 2002-2003 he only had 70 to 80 less at bats but 27 and 28 less hr's. to me that doesn't support your theory of the reason he didn't have monster years was less at bats. he only had about 80 less at bats.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby nmarq8 » Sat May 15, 2004 9:46 pm

you guys are all bringing up good points, and after re-reading my post, some of the things i've said have been pretty moronic. i've just grown up hating barry my entire life, and watching his team struggle this year is almost as great as watching the dodgers win, but my frustration with him in this thread is purely from a FB standpoint. i may be wrong, but i honestly feel that it'll come out that he has been taking some sort of illegal substances (according to MLB or some other sports' policies), and when it does it's just gonna be a mess. and if he has to make up excuses to deal with his slumping team now, i can't imagine what he'll do then. at that point i want to be able to watch it and smile as a dodger's fan, not with mixed emotions as a FB owner of his. and i can't trade him right now because i won't get anywhere near the value that i should get in trading a #1 pick. ya, i know he's gonna go through slumps like everyone. hell, i've got delgado too, and he's stunk it up this year so far, but i'm not crying about him because he's not making up b.s. excuses. if people are gonna compare barry to ruth and mays he should act in a manner of that standard.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 15, 2004 9:47 pm

thx for calling out on that hybrid, i thought he had a lot more atbats in 2001 but I guess im wrong. sry for my mistake.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun May 16, 2004 12:15 am

nmarq8, how do you know he's coming up with "b.s. excuses?" You're not there, you don't know what Bonds is dealing with. Could it be possible that his back spasms are real? Other players have missed games because of back spasms or the flu or other maladies that don't seem worthy of missing a game. If you hate him as much as it looks like, please trade him so we don't have to hear you complain about a guy hitting .360 with 27 r, 10 hr, 22 rbi, and 3 sbs.

In fact, look at Bonds versus Pujols and A-Rod:
Bonds: .360 avg, 27 r, 10 hr, 22 rbi, 3 sb
Pujols: .279 avg, 33 r, 9 hr, 24 rbi, 2 sb
A-Rod: .291 avg, 25 r, 9 hr, 20 rbi, 5 sb

Bonds has them both beat and you're complaining that he's "underperforming."
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby eftda » Sun May 16, 2004 2:55 am

Bonds is just the poster boy for this whole Roid mess...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun May 16, 2004 3:06 am

nmarq8 wrote:if people are gonna compare barry to ruth and mays he should act in a manner of that standard.

so Barry should cheat on his wife, and get drunk almost every night like the Babe?

Yeah, I imagine the modern press would let him get away with that .. ;-7
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Tragically misguided

Postby AdvRider » Sun May 16, 2004 3:10 am

Bobby S. -- WRONG WRONG WRONG.

I live in S.f. The reason Bonds is having difficulty is because the CHEAP owner MAGOWAN (backstabber!) invested in the likes Of Jeffrey Hammonds & Dustin Mohr. Puh-leeeeeze !!

MAGOWAN the backstabbing SOB is your problem. He did nothing to back up Barry. You think Barry wants A.J. (Absence of Jacks) Pissynski hitting behind him? FART no!! He's got wet dreams oF Vlady...
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby KULCAT » Sun May 16, 2004 3:17 am

hybrid wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:If barry bonds wouldnt have been walked 200 times the past 2 years, he prolly would have hit 60 homers in each of those years. Thats why the homerun total came back down to earth. Just as a disclaimer I believe Bonds took steroids so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

2000: AB's - 480 HR's - 49
2001: AB's - 476 HR's - 73
2002: AB's - 403 HR's - 46
2003: AB's - 390 HR's - 45

well he had 4 less at bats in 2001 but had 24 more hr's. in 2002-2003 he only had 70 to 80 less at bats but 27 and 28 less hr's. to me that doesn't support your theory of the reason he didn't have monster years was less at bats. he only had about 80 less at bats.

73 at bats and 86 at bats seems enough for Barry Bonds to hit 20 more homers a season
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers