screw you bonds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

screw you bonds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

screw you bonds

Postby nmarq8 » Sat May 15, 2004 6:05 pm

barry bonds sucks, what's the deal with this guy. i'm so fed up with his antics, it's one thing after another. i guess playing professional baseball is pretty tough minus steroids. and even when he does play he gets like 1 official AB and four walks.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: screw you bonds

Postby thrash » Sat May 15, 2004 6:09 pm

nmarq8 wrote: and even when he does play he gets like 1 official AB and four walks.

That must be the most idiotic statement i've heard in awhile here. And thats saying something. How is it Bonds fault that hes SOO GOOD that pitchers pitch around him? If anything blame SFs offense. I didn't hear any complaining when he was tearin it up in the beginning of the season.

Give me a break.
thrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Sat May 15, 2004 6:12 pm

lol.
this is amusing.

a few days ago I posted something similar, but completely in jest, in anticipation of a thread like this, if you will...

he is human
he is sick
he will have cold streaks
he will have hot streaks

you should have known when you drafted him that
1) he will not play every single game, that he is old and injuries will keep him out every once in a while
2) when he comes up to bat he will very often not be allowed to hit (IBBs and such)
3) if he doesn't get regular at bats when he hits his timing will be off and he will go into slumps
4) there were looming BALCO clouds over him and maybe he can't handle them as well as he or others thought.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nmarq8 » Sat May 15, 2004 6:47 pm

are you kidding me, sick?! that's what he told reporters. everyone knows he's frustrated as hell with how poorly his team has been playing. you're right, it's not his fault that he gets walked way too many times, and espn won't stop writing reports about how MLB should change the intentional walk rule just because of barry. but still, this guy claims to be a team player and he's everything but that. and as for the argument that he's human...he's not, and he's proved that he's not. anyone who hits 70+ HR in a season is super-human. the guy's arms are the size of my torso. come on, you could hit .091 in the last month. and i didn't draft him, i was gone the week that my league decided to move up the draft and so, due to pre-rankings, my first pick went to barry. no one would've wasted a first round pick on him due to the balco deal, maybe that's the root of my angst. but don't sit there and make up excuses for his underachieving. he's supposedly got one foot in the hall of fame door and this is the way he's gonna treat the situation of playing on a poor team. way to go barry, a true giant.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Sat May 15, 2004 8:44 pm

ok i won't insult you, cause that would be to easy and hell you might be a good person. but your personal thoughts on barry cause he isn't hitting well due to sickness and an awful giants offense are plain idiotic. yeah your right, of course he is making it up that he is sick....that's it. omg he hit 70 hr's one season and the rest has been in the 40's...yeah he's super human and should never struggle. do you actually hear how dumb this sounds? i also forgot, people w/ huge arms the size of thin people's body's are supposed to always be great.....must write that down in my note book. 8-o are you writing this just cause you weren't smart enough to pre-rank your players, now your blaming barry? where were you when he was hitting .500, prolly thanking god you got him. if your going to be against barry, hey i'm all for it. just have good reasons for doing it and not this teenage angst for being in a slump and that you didn't pre-rank so you got him. are we supposed to feel sorry for you?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jericho » Sat May 15, 2004 9:00 pm

That is a wonderful observation you make, but I tend to disagree with parts of it. But to each his own, so more power to you!
Last edited by Jericho on Sat May 15, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jericho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby matmat » Sat May 15, 2004 9:04 pm

That's better.
Last edited by matmat on Sat May 15, 2004 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jericho » Sat May 15, 2004 9:08 pm

matmat wrote:
Jericho wrote:I don't know what to say other than %$^&*()_$%^&*()_%^&*(T. This is the lamest post I've ever seen.

if all you can say is that then don't say anything at all. and if you are going to flame him, at least make it amusing.

I'm not here to entertain you. B-)
Jericho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat May 15, 2004 9:16 pm

Guys, I'll only say this once. DO NOT FLAME.

We don't put up with people attacking other posters here at the Cafe.

And, for the record, I largely agree with hybrid's post. Bonds will be fine.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Jericho » Sat May 15, 2004 9:20 pm

I edited my post to meet your demands ;-D .
Jericho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers