The inigma that is Jose Mesa - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The inigma that is Jose Mesa

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BlueBallz » Wed May 26, 2004 10:51 am

Enigma
Confucious say...He who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger!
BlueBallz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Fri May 28, 2004 10:42 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
FYI I did mention my SP sleepers on this site in March (not 3 weeks into the season)

Jake Peavy ;-D

Horacio Ramirez ;-D

Jon Garland ;-D

Eric Du Bose ;-D

Kurt Ainsworth :-t

that's 4 from 5 that are well worth drafting.

That is a take that certainly didn't suck

8 weeks in, and you are doing alot of patting yourself on the back. :-t Someone's counting their chickens a bit early.

Fwiw, Dubose has a 4.67 era, 1.42 whip, and Garland a 4.09 and a 1.39 whip. Rather high numbers for a ;-D Peavy, was too talented and well known to be considered a true sleeper.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Trazcon » Fri May 28, 2004 11:02 pm

BlueBallz wrote:Enigma

I was just gonna put that. Stole my thunder! ;-)
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NZF » Sat May 29, 2004 12:59 am

HOOTIE wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:
FYI I did mention my SP sleepers on this site in March (not 3 weeks into the season)

Jake Peavy ;-D

Horacio Ramirez ;-D

Jon Garland ;-D

Eric Du Bose ;-D

Kurt Ainsworth :-t

that's 4 from 5 that are well worth drafting.

That is a take that certainly didn't suck

8 weeks in, and you are doing alot of patting yourself on the back. :-t Someone's counting their chickens a bit early.

Fwiw, Dubose has a 4.67 era, 1.42 whip, and Garland a 4.09 and a 1.39 whip. Rather high numbers for a ;-D Peavy, was too talented and well known to be considered a true sleeper.

I'm counting nothing but the wins my sleepers are putting on the board. Another one for big Eric today and Garland pitched another outstanding game against a very strong lineup ;-D

Chris Carpenter was another one of my sleepers I mentioned back in March. He's looking pretty darn good as well ;-D
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sat May 29, 2004 1:16 am

i think weaver will pan out yet. he's pitched well lately.
ditto for contreras.

and please correct the title of th thread... inigma is driving me up the wall :(
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat May 29, 2004 2:37 am

Mesa wont completely implode but he isnt this good either. Mesa will still get his save chances as well as being consistent enough to stay near the top of 2nd tier closers. If you get an offer that is too good to pass up, then of course now is the time to sell high on Mesa.

Why no love for Weaver guys? In his last 7 starts he has 2W, 5L, 5QS(Quality Start = at least 6INN pitched with 3ER or less), 48INN, 47K (a well above average K/INN ratio of almost 1K per INN for a starting pitcher), 19 BBA, and 40HA, which adds up to a WHIP of 1.210 (might be slightly off, but that is D&mn close to his actual WHIP).

Wins might be fairly hard for him to come bye recieving minimal run support, but all his other numbers should remaine on par with 2nd-3rd tier fantasy roatation pitcher numbers unless he is in a hitters park.

As a shameless plug to myself, I defended and hyped Weaver up almost a week ago on a different thread http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ght=weaver .

To further hijack a thread that has already been seriously hijacked ..................................., In a really competetive H-H points $$ league where Weaver is my 5th starter ( or 2 start week plug in at best ), is it worth tradeing him for Woody Williams and Ryan Klesko with me giving just him in a 1-2 trade? I'm placeing Juan Gone in a DL spot leaving myself a roster spot open and could use 1B help in that league. My only other 1B options are Josh Phelps (TOR), Jay Gibbons (BAL), and my current incumbent Daryle Ward (keep this hot streak up along with hitting for the cycle, PIT).

Hope I contributed somewhat to the Mesa topic of the thread alond with Weaver critique. In regards to my question........................ As always, any and all help is appreciatted guys ;-D ;-D ;-D .
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KULCAT » Sat May 29, 2004 3:31 pm

Again, tabs on guys making predictions... not a bad idea for next year
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers