100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade help :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade help :)

Postby ivan » Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:45 pm

Received following offer in a 5x5 with weekly changes and no bench

Greer and T.Hunter for Glavine. No way! :-t

I'm in 1st with 76pts(need hitting) and he's in 2nd with 67pts(needs pitching)

M-33----3pts(.269)_10(128HR)_10(452RBI)_8(436R)_2(45SB)
H-40.5--7pts(.287)__7(109)____9(449)____10(458) _7.5 (60)

M-43----8pts(3.496)_9(512Ks)_9(44Sv)_8(1.217)_9(43W)
H-26.5--6pts(3.724)_7(470)___5.5(34)_ 4(1.299)_4(35)

Me----Him
C-Pudge---------Molina__________P-Unit------------Zito
C-Pierzynski----Fick____________P-Glavine--------O.Perez
1B-Delgado-----J.Giambi(NYY)____P-Padilla---------Vazquez
2B-Spivey------L.Castillo________P-W.Miller--------Livan
3B-Hinske------Glaus___________P-Prior-----------Rueter
SS-Tejada------Jeter___________P-Ishii------------Tomko
OF-Berkman---Ordonez________P-Gagne----------K.Rogers
OF-L.Walker----Juan Gone______P-Wags-----------R. Lopez
OF-Drew--------Timo Perez______P-Graves--------Nen
OF-A.Jones-----Kotsay
OF-B.Giles------T.Hunter
U-Erstad--------Sierra__________IL-Radke----M.Ramirez & Greer
U-A.Sanchez---Kielty

Ordonez is the only OF I want from him. Is he healthy (back) now? Vazquez, Zito on SP interested in. I'm not sure about Perez.

Only his IF interest me. What should I counteroffer with? Please tell me which player is worthy straight up for Glavine? Think it'd be better off with multi player deal. In saying so, I would not mind giving up 2 P for one in the package.

Possibilities:
Glavine, another P(Ishii or Prior), Walker, Hinske for Zito, Ordonez, Glaus---fair?

What do you think I should offer? I think I have to make a trade with him since we are perfect candidates for a trade. I think in pitching is easier to fill. Also helps that I have RJ!
Hopefully, it'll benefit the both of us. I believe this will make or break my rookie fantasy season!

P.S Izzy just made available so will grab him for Graves.

Thanks a bunch!! :-D
ivan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:48 pm

Hmm... Not sure about that offer. Glavine for Zito doesn't seem to be a necessary part of this deal, and Prior would definitely be giving up too much, rookie inconsistency and all. Ishii might work for you, but I'm not sure the other side would benefit very much.

I'd actually start by asking what Ramirez would cost you, and then inquire about Castillo now that Spivey is on the shelf. Any of his other infielders would help, especially Glaus; perhaps an offer of Padilla plus one of your if's for one of his would work...

You're right, the configuration to make a deal is definitely there, but it might take a good amount of negotiating, considering some of the names involved. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ivan » Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:24 pm

he offered me:

Castillo, T.Hunter, Ordonez, Zito and Vazquez for
Spivey, Erstad, Graves, Glavine and Ishii.

I would have done except that he took it off the table when Spivey hit the DL. Would I have gotten enough?

Is Mags' injury serious? I like the pitchers involved but feel that I'm not getting enough batting in return since my 3 pitchers have been excellent. ;-D

I'm aiming for Giambi, Castillo and Glaus. Offered:

Graves, Ishii, Glavine, Delgado, Ventura, Walker, Spivey

for Zito, Vazquez, Giambi, Glaus, Castillo, Ordonez

Think it's fair. He said he's not too keen on dealing Giambi but figure I'd try. Besides he's getting some serious pitching help. Thoughts? :-D

Thanks!
ivan

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:32 pm

I'm not entirely sure about Ordonez - he isn't expected to miss any further time, but his numbers lately haven't been what we've gotten used to from him. Otherwise, that deal looked fine. Losing Graves would hurt, but letting someone else worry about Ishii's wildness isn't a bad thing.

The deal you offered sounds pretty good for you, but I think the downgrade at both 2b and 3b would be tough for the other team to swallow.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ivan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:22 pm

How's this Glavine and Graves for Castillo and Giambi?

Or Glavine and Graves for Castillo, Giambi and Ordonez?

I'd drop Sanchez and Delgado for Ordonez and Giambi. But what do I do when Spivey gets back? OF/U are Erstad, Berkman, Drew, L.Walker, Sanchez, B.Giles, A.Jones. Or should I keep Delgado?

Thanks. ;-D
ivan

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:07 pm

Hmm... the first deal sounds reasonable, but dropping Delgado outright would be a huge price to pay. If you do this, then throw Delgado into the deal and ask for an arm in return.

The big question with any deal of this type is: who will benefit more? The last thing you want to do is help the other team make up those nine points you're ahead by. To figure this out, you'll probably have to look at the numbers and extrapolate for the rest of the season, with the players involved having chaanged sides. If the numbers don't look good, then hope for Sanchez to go on a roll and give you points in the sb category. The team configurations look good for a deal, but the standings might make it tough...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ivan » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:30 pm

We finally came up with a deal although there has been 1 objection so far. I think it's the guy in 3rd place bc he doesn't his fellow coworker to finish ahead of him. :-D

Glavine, Graves and Ishii for Giambi, Castillo and Zito

Hope it goes thru. ;-D
ivan

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:47 pm

Wow - that looks fantastic. Looks like the long negotiations were worth it! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ivan » Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:04 pm

The deal past through. Yay! ;-D

It's too bad I didn't Glaus bc now I have too many players. Hmm. Maybe someone will get injured b4 Monday so I can come up with another trade. heeheehee.

Who would you drop? Erstad, Drew, Berkman, A.Jones, L.Walker, B.Giles, Delgado I'm leaning twds Delgado since the others are capable runners. But Delgado might get hot.

Is Wickman healthy now? Osuna, Acevedo, Stewart also available.

I want to pick up a reliever who can help me in everything except K's. Who have been the top 3 RP?

Thanks. :-D
ivan

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:27 pm

Congratulations.

It's hard to drop any of those guys. I'd call Ertad the odd man out here, but it's a difficult call.

Wickman says he's healthy and has been looking good - keep him over the available closers.

In terms of value, the top rp's so far are probably gagne, Kim and Sasaki. Sasaki and Hoffman top my list of desirables right now. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers