The "All-FastStart Team" 2004 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The "All-FastStart Team" 2004

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cooner » Sat May 15, 2004 2:10 pm

WhiteHot wrote:Beltre showing patience at the plate? Ha!

He has 2 walks in 138 plate appearances.


oops, meant "better patience at the plate." But still, he only has 13 strike outs.

edit: wait, i did say that. quoting myself, "more and more patience." If you don't believe me, look at his OBS for last year... under .3 if i remember correctly. It doesn't take much to improve on that :D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1028
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: my home is in NYC, my heart is in PNC Park

Postby wkelly91 » Sat May 15, 2004 6:40 pm

Cooner wrote:i would put Mora in over Beltre... I wasn't all that surprised by Beltre's start, as he closed last season well and has displayed progressively more and more patience and skills at the plate. Mora on the other hand... big surprise (to me at least)


I'm not surprised by Mora. He was having a career year last year before the injury bug hit him :~(
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2796
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

Re: The "All-FastStart Team" 2004

Postby NZF » Sat May 15, 2004 6:58 pm

DaQ wrote:Who would be on a team of players who are overachieving so far (based on positions the player actually plays in real life)?

Here's my team:
C-Charles Johnson
1B-Craig Wilson
2B-Orlando Hudson
3B-Adrian Beltre
SS-Mike Young
OF-Jermaine Dye
OF-Adam Dunn
OF-Steve Finley
DH-Craig Biggio (not sold on Bautista)
SP-Matt Clement
SP-Carlos Silva
SP-Oliver Perez
SP-Joe Kennedy
SP-Carlos Zambrano (at elast for how well he's doing)
CL-Armando Benitez
CL-Jose Mesa
CL-Fransisco Cordero

That's just the best at each position IMO. If you know any guys playing amazingly well right now... (post it)


You can definitely cross Charles Johnson off that list. He has cooled off very quickly. He is hitting .150 in May with ZERO RBI's.

Paul Lo Duca has got to be the catcher.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Re: The "All-FastStart Team" 2004

Postby DaQ » Sun May 16, 2004 8:19 am

New Zealand Fan wrote: You can definitely cross Charles Johnson off that list. He has cooled off very quickly. He is hitting .150 in May with ZERO RBI's.

Paul Lo Duca has got to be the catcher.


OK, take your pick: Lo Duca, Estrada or Victor Martinez?
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2583
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 16, 2004 8:30 am

Brad Penny
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 390
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Monument Park

Re: The "All-FastStart Team" 2004

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun May 16, 2004 8:37 am

DaQ wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote: You can definitely cross Charles Johnson off that list. He has cooled off very quickly. He is hitting .150 in May with ZERO RBI's.

Paul Lo Duca has got to be the catcher.


OK, take your pick: Lo Duca, Estrada or Victor Martinez?

After yesterdays game, Id have to say Estrada. That man is knocking the ball around.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby KULCAT » Sun May 16, 2004 10:45 am

Rondel White, c`mmon not THIS good
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 1814
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Panama mi bella Panama

Re: The "All-FastStart Team" 2004

Postby warrick95 » Sun May 16, 2004 10:50 am

DaQ wrote:Who would be on a team of players who are overachieving so far (based on positions the player actually plays in real life)?

Here's my team:
C-Charles Johnson
1B-Craig Wilson
2B-Orlando Hudson
3B-Adrian Beltre
SS-Mike Young
OF-Jermaine Dye
OF-Adam Dunn
OF-Steve Finley
DH-Craig Biggio (not sold on Bautista)
SP-Matt Clement
SP-Carlos Silva
SP-Oliver Perez
SP-Joe Kennedy
SP-Carlos Zambrano (at elast for how well he's doing)
CL-Armando Benitez
CL-Jose Mesa
CL-Fransisco Cordero

That's just the best at each position IMO. If you know any guys playing amazingly well right now... (post it)


I don't know about Armando and Cordero. Both are very capable closers. Look at Armando's stats. He has a tendency to blow big games, but he's as good as guys like Rivera during the regular season. Plus, the way the Marlins are built, he'll get plenty of opps.

Graves is overachieving in terms of saves.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5440
Joined: 27 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The empty seat next to the Tampa Bay heckler

Re: The "All-FastStart Team" 2004

Postby wkelly91 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:23 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
DaQ wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote: You can definitely cross Charles Johnson off that list. He has cooled off very quickly. He is hitting .150 in May with ZERO RBI's.

Paul Lo Duca has got to be the catcher.


OK, take your pick: Lo Duca, Estrada or Victor Martinez?

After yesterdays game, Id have to say Estrada. That man is knocking the ball around.


Estrada is the real deal. I was way wrong about him. He is patient, takes the ball the other way, and rarely strikes out. He will be over .300 at the end of the year. :-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2796
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact