Who's going to get saves in Kansas City? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's going to get saves in Kansas City?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's going to get saves in Kansas City?

Postby Drewbacca » Fri May 14, 2004 3:05 pm

Now that MacDougal has been sent down, who's going to get the saves in KC? I got ahead of the rest of my league and picked up both Leskanic and Cerda. Should I have ignored one of these guys and gone for another reliever for KC? I'm in desperate need of saves in my league, considering I only have Benitez and Baez definite closers right now. I have Nen on my DL.
Drewbacca
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cardinals15 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:09 pm

I've read on rotoworld that Nate Field is a good bet. But, probably a committee.
cardinals15
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:10 pm

Field will have the job for now, Huisman will have the job in the future. Whether the future means 2 years from now, or in a few weeks depends on how Field does.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Drewbacca » Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

So, you think I should drop Leskanic for Field? My league is extremely fast about picking up free agents, and I can't risk not having another closer. I'm getting the picture that Cerda and Field are my best bets.
Drewbacca
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:25 pm

I would....Leskanic won't be the closer again, that much I'm pretty sure of. Cerda is a lefty, and usually lefties aren't closers either....not to say it can't happen, but typically it won't. My money (and roster space) is on Field or Huisman.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby great gretzky » Fri May 14, 2004 3:26 pm

cerda? not sure, he is a lefty, so if field can get the job done, is preferable.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tavish » Fri May 14, 2004 4:56 pm

Not that there are a ton of save oppurtunities anyways, but it is going to be a commitee closer. If a player is pitching well there will probably be a few 2 inning saves, and if things get tough there will be more one out saves (last man in gets the reward). After being burned by both Leskanic and lil Mac, Pena seems to be in the mode to simply trot a guy out there and pray.

If you wanted just one guy go with Field and hope someone else drops a closer.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby Z-Dog » Fri May 14, 2004 5:03 pm

Field is your best bet, but when looking at this, keep in mind the Royals closers have almost no save opps this year. I don't anticipate Fields will get enough chances to give him much value. If you are desperate for saves, I guess he could work, but I wouldn't count on getting much out of him.
"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum."
Z-Dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Silver Slugger » Fri May 14, 2004 7:35 pm

i am actually considering calling pena and seeing if he'd be willing to let me try. i mean, i may not be that good, but i figue my 55 mph fastball would fool guys for a little while, making me better than the entire current pen.

seriously, i guess it will be field because he is the only kc reliever who seems disposed to, on occasion, miss bats, but i don't think i'd pick him up. nine months ago he was in an idependant league in florida, and now he's closing in the bigs? riiiight....
Silver Slugger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matmat » Fri May 14, 2004 7:42 pm

Silver Slugger wrote:i am actually considering calling pena and seeing if he'd be willing to let me try. i mean, i may not be that good, but i figue my 55 mph fastball would fool guys for a little while, making me better than the entire current pen.

hey, as long as you can mix in that 30mph change-up you're golden!
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers