Do Major Leaguers Play Fantasy Baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Do Major Leaguers Play Fantasy Baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 13, 2004 9:03 pm

Can athletes prevent you from using their name from fantasy sports? I don't think so but I'm not really sure. I was told from an unreliable source the only reason Bonds was missing from their fantasy is due to their other licenses (such as the video games) and it was just a precaution.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu May 13, 2004 9:10 pm

IIRC There was a story along these lines on SportsCenter some time back focused on Luis Gonzalez. It talked about how the different players follow fantasy baseball. The one particular I remember was Gonzo had T-Shirts printed up (or maybe it was his teammates had them printed) that read "Draft Me on Your Fantasy Team". The players they talked to all seemed to agree that fantasy baseball was great for the game. Anything to get and keep people interested.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby DarkShadow » Thu May 13, 2004 9:19 pm

jbones733 wrote:I seen several interviews w Curt Schilling & he is ADDICTED to Fantasy Football, he was doing his mock draft & had all his cheat sheets once, it was awesome.

And there's a show for fantasy basketball called Virtual GM & the host Rick Kamla always had basketball players on & he was alwasy getting on some guys hwo had bad nights cause he had them on his team LOL . all the hoopsters were mad cool about it, so they Def know about fantasy :-D

Speaking of Curt Schilling, he also is part of the staff for Multi-Man Publishing, a board/war game company. He has also been documented in several interviews talking about playing Everquest while on the road.
DarkShadow
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Thu May 13, 2004 9:41 pm

Do you guys ever notice some kind of agreement when you sign up for fantasy baseball? Im sure that thee has got to be something in thier that says you cannot be affiliated with MLB.
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sammyfan711 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:56 pm

I'm not sure if many participate in fantasy baseball leagues, but I often had the idea that they would research what the fanatics are saying about them. Like maybe tonight Oliver Perez will check the cafe to see how many people were scared to start him. Or Chipper Jones would take a look to see if people had benched him after his 0-11 stint coming off the DL. Well Chipper, I did and that 3-3 coulda helped me out. I'll put you back in tomorrow.
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers