MVP 2004 X-Box problems... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP 2004 X-Box problems...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri May 14, 2004 1:05 am

Something else to consider is that the system itself could be overheating. Check to make sure that it's got plenty of ventillation since the machine creates quite a bit of heat. If it's got plenty of air space, then it has to be the disk.

I'd bet it's just a bad production run of disks, but double check your air vents/fans to be sure. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri May 14, 2004 5:13 pm

I have been reading some on this on the net & it is the X-box system. I have the Thompson DVD drive in mine, which is the of course the shit hole drive that produces 90% of the X-Box problems. You can tell you drive be what the hole in you disk tray looks like.

I got my first copy of MVP in Virginia & my 2nd in SC so I doubt they are from the same batch of games. This has happened once or twice before with NASCAR 2003 for me.

My X-Box is somewhat older maybe 3 years old.

So you really think the idiots at Wal-mart returns are going to check the serial #'s?? What if I just pull off my old serial & say that is how I got it......what are they going to call me a liar?? I will have my g/f return & say her son, which she doesnt really have, didnt want it....No way do they cause a seen with her over an X-box

RIght?
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri May 14, 2004 8:36 pm

Any other ideas?
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri May 14, 2004 9:02 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:So you really think the idiots at Wal-mart returns are going to check the serial #'s?? What if I just pull off my old serial & say that is how I got it......what are they going to call me a liar?? I will have my g/f return & say her son, which she doesnt really have, didnt want it....No way do they cause a seen with her over an X-box

RIght?

Yes, they will check because if the system doesn't work, then they are out the money. Microsoft won't rebate the money or replace the system if they try to return it since they were not the ones who sold it. It would constitute fraud on Wal-Mart's part. Something else to mention as well is that when you return an item of that value, they require an ID. So in turn, once they realize it's fraud, they will go after whoever returned the item. A guy I know tried it with a television at K-Mart and got busted for it. If you try it, then good luck.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri May 14, 2004 9:19 pm

Madison wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:So you really think the idiots at Wal-mart returns are going to check the serial #'s?? What if I just pull off my old serial & say that is how I got it......what are they going to call me a liar?? I will have my g/f return & say her son, which she doesnt really have, didnt want it....No way do they cause a seen with her over an X-box

RIght?

Yes, they will check because if the system doesn't work, then they are out the money. Microsoft won't rebate the money or replace the system if they try to return it since they were not the ones who sold it. It would constitute fraud on Wal-Mart's part. Something else to mention as well is that when you return an item of that value, they require an ID. So in turn, once they realize it's fraud, they will go after whoever returned the item. A guy I know tried it with a television at K-Mart and got busted for it. If you try it, then good luck.

WoW...you really think they would come after for a $149 item......Screw it, I guess I am just out an X-box...I hate Microsoft. Should I go on to PS2 or just pony up & hope for better luck with another XBox?
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri May 14, 2004 10:03 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:WoW...you really think they would come after for a $149 item......Screw it, I guess I am just out an X-box...I hate Microsoft. Should I go on to PS2 or just pony up & hope for better luck with another XBox?

Yes, multiply $149 by the number of people that try to rip them off and you get a substancially larger number nationwide.

You hate Microsoft? It lasted 3 years didn't it? My system from the opening day launch still works just like new. The environment has a lot to do with how long a system lasts. Also, it's still not guaranteed to be the system that's the problem since you say that your other games play just fine. Odds are that it's the production run, and yes a production run can cross multiple states.

I understand your frustration, I had it with the Saturn (Sega system many years ago). It just doesn't sound like the system to me.

As to the PS2, I wouldn't be too quick to buy one since the PS3 isn't that far off or the X-Box 2 for that matter. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri May 14, 2004 10:49 pm

Thanks alot for you insights.

Is there a prelim date for an X-Box 2 release??

I just got screwed by getting the worst of the 3 different DVD drives in the X-box....

Is you disk tray have a straight opening in the middle about the length of your index with a curve in the middle? That is the how you tell the different drives.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk