Commish situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Commish situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WhiteHot » Thu May 13, 2004 1:18 pm

trailblazur, maybe you should start a league in which you own all 12 teams. That way, you can get your wish of managing all the rosters and telling each team who they should and shouldn't drop. Let Huff go.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 13, 2004 1:18 pm

In a dynasty league especially, I wouldn't do it but, based on his year-to-date, I can't blame anyone for dropping Huff. Are you sure that this guy is seasoned or understands the concept of a dynasty league?? For those at the Cafe, Huff is a none quantity but he isn't exactly a household name everywhere else.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby great gretzky » Thu May 13, 2004 1:49 pm

even if the huff- burrell comparisons are apt (I don't think they are really, but I have heard it said)

I could see, not agree with dropping him. So he loses him. Stupid owners do stupid things to mortgage their futre in real life too...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu May 13, 2004 1:54 pm

After you wait over a month for somebody to heat up, he probably needs someone who might get an occasional hit for him.

If you were playing 'Fantasy Preseason Hype', this would look suspicious but, since he is probably looking to get someone who's hitting at least a bit right now, I don't think that you can consider it 'suspicious' or veto worthy...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

well thanks

Postby trailblazur » Thu May 13, 2004 1:56 pm

.....for the attacks.

If you didnt read my response earlier I was being sarcastic about making him pick huff back up. That would just be stupid. However, if you think they are comparable players, thats dead wrong, slump or not. Basically I was just posting in frustration. Just another dumb thing to make the league not as fun. No, unfortunately, the league is not made up of a close nit group of friends. None of my friends take it as seriously as I do I guess, lol. Guess I need to pay bigger money to get in better leagues, smarter owners, who knows.
trailblazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stumpak » Thu May 13, 2004 2:28 pm

It is really not that egregious. Yes, I think everyone would agree that Huff is the better player, but I don't think anyone would say that he is top 5 at any of his positions even at his very best. It is a stupid move, but it really doesn't throw the competitive balance off that much. It is not like he dropped Gagne for Rocky Biddle.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingsac » Thu May 13, 2004 2:30 pm

well I'm in this league and I hope to grab huff, he would look great in my team colors.....
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby trailblazur » Thu May 13, 2004 3:00 pm

looks like a team in my league knows about the cafe, lol. you could use the help ninjas ;-D
trailblazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu May 13, 2004 3:08 pm

trail - I really wasnt trying to attack you, and Im sorry if it came across that way. Hopefully you know that the Cafe isnt the type of place where people get flamed. We do occasionaly come across commishs who truly think it is in there right to force other owners in their league to make moves - glad to see you arent one of them. Good luck finding better competition next yr - there are usually some great leagues that are looking for an extra player or two in the classified forum here.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby trailblazur » Thu May 13, 2004 3:26 pm

no offense taken cornbread, thanks
trailblazur
College Coach
College Coach

Previous