Championship Material?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Championship Material??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Championship Material??

Postby Bliz34 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:12 pm

Hey guys I just drafted in a live draft and here's what I ended up with... None of the fielders I wanted went my way because instead of taking an ace first round Pedro and Randy J went 1 and 2 and Arod slipped to the 4 spot so I grabbed him... Let me know if the infield and relief pitching is enough.. This is rotisserie league 10 team HR, AVE, RBI weighted and ERA, W, SAVES, WHIP, K's all even weight.

C. Charles Johnson (I have Josh Phelps will he play any C this year?)
1B. Paul Konerko, John Olerud, Hee Seop Choi
2B. Todd Walker, Brandon Phillips
3B. Aramis Ramirez, Joe Randa
SS. AROD, Jimmy Rollins
OF. Lance Berkman, Larry Walker, Vernon Wells
OF. Randy Winn, Jacques Jones
SP. Roy Oswalt, Mark Mulder, Mark Prior, Roy Halladay, Wade Miller,
SP. Woody Williams, (Want to nab Ainsworth off waiver when up)
RP. Scott Williamson, Fransisco Rodriguez, Johan Santana

- I already have a trade going giving up Olerud for Adam Dunn.. Is that a steal like I think it is??
- I want to trade possibly Aramis Ramirez and Jimmy Rollins for Eric Chavez to a guy with Neifi Perez as his only SS.. (he also has Hillenbrand and Jay Bell).
- Some guy also has both Smoltz and Gagne which starter could I trade for him you think??
Bliz34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pilambp » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:36 pm

An answer to your question: Phelps will not play C this year. He will play 1B though.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby birty74 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:38 pm

I like your team. Very solid, with lots to deal to fill holes.

I think the Olerud for Dunn move is a good deal, but I worry about Dunn's strikeout numbers and inability to put bat on ball, which have carried over from the second half to the spring. I know it's just spring training, but....

Still, I'd pull the trigger on that one.

I know he's a stud, but I'd trade Prior for one of the RPs if you can get it done. His K/BB ratio is insane, but he's young and inexperienced, and we all know what most managers do to their young studs who pitch well out of the gates. If you really want one of those RPs I'd go with the least proven guy (who will actually be decent trade bait).

Matt
birty74
College Coach
College Coach

Postby isis » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:43 pm

I like the Dunn for Olerud deal. I wouldn't call it a steal. Dunn vanished in the second half last year. But as previously stated I would pull the trigger on that one.

Aramis Ramirez was hurt most of last year. I expect a bounce back. And Walker is in front of Nomar and Manny. So your infield is not so bad.

Your starting pitching is excellent. Trade one of them to get the reliever your really need.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team