Posada out after blocking relay with his face - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Posada out after blocking relay with his face

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dr.DooM » Thu May 13, 2004 9:24 am

Most true Sox fans let their emotions impair their fantasy judgment and refuse to draft Yankee players. I would consider you to be a Sox afficionado, which is a more rational and mature version of the many varieties of Red Sox fans.
Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Dr.DooM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:46 am

I IMMEDIATELY thought of Donnelly too!!! That sounded horriffic...

CubsFan7724 wrote:
EK711 wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:Torre also said they were hopeful he wouldn't have to be on the DL so there's still some optimism from what I've heard. It would be a big blow to the Yankees if we had to play John Flarhety everyday for a while. :~(

Most of the time busted noses aren't too bad of injuries. It definately won't keep him out for an extended period of time.

Liberty30 wrote:Must have forgotten he wasn't wearing a mask... :-b

Maybe he should wear that mask full time and just forget about the batting helmet instead... ;-D

Brandon Donnelly lost half his blood during spring training after he was hit in the nose while shagging fly balls. He was on the DL for some time at the beginning of the season. If hes in surgery that means he probably broke his nose.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Thu May 13, 2004 10:30 am

Now that I've seen the play I must admit that I'm extremely irritated with the throw. It should have been over or around Posada, not right at him. Very poor play. :-[
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu May 13, 2004 10:34 am

I wonder if the next person is going to try to break up an Amezaga double play?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu May 13, 2004 10:37 am

Dr.DooM wrote:Most true Sox fans let their emotions impair their fantasy judgment and refuse to draft Yankee players. I would consider you to be a Sox afficionado, which is a more rational and mature version of the many varieties of Red Sox fans.

ROFL
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby WiseAndEck » Thu May 13, 2004 10:55 am

Ever since high school, middle infielders are taught that if a runner is trying to get in the way of you turning a double play, throw it right at them and they will get down. I had never seen someone actually get hit until last night. That was NOT a dirty play by Amezaga. He did exactly what he should have done. It's Posada's fault for not getting down in time. I guarantee he won't do that again.

brian
WiseAndEck
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 13, 2004 11:27 am

Dr.DooM wrote:Most true Sox fans let their emotions impair their fantasy judgment and refuse to draft Yankee players. I would consider you to be a Sox afficionado, which is a more rational and mature version of the many varieties of Red Sox fans.

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'm mature when it comes to being a Sox fan. Am I rationale? Yes. Do I believe in the curse? No. Do I hate all Yankee fans? Definitely not.

But, I drove up to Boston one Friday last fall--taking the day off of work--and 12 hours later, at about midnight (damn traffic) I got to Fenway Park and waited outside for 14 hours before they let me buy the ticket. I went home, took an hour nap, and went to the game.

I was at Game four, too, before it was rained out. I then drove home Monday, missing the game.

On Thursday of the following week, I took a train up to NY for game 7, taking Friday off again.

So, I'm definitely not an aficianado, but perhaps an adult Red Sox fan. If that's possible. :-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby EK711 » Thu May 13, 2004 11:39 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Brandon Donnelly lost half his blood during spring training after he was hit in the nose while shagging fly balls. He was on the DL for some time at the beginning of the season. If hes in surgery that means he probably broke his nose.

Donelly's was bad, 20 fractures or something crazy like that, but as long as Posada's nose breaking didn't result in giving him that freakish bleeding that Donnelly had I don't see why he wouldn't be back within a week. I think Rotoworld's current prediction probably seems about right.

Rotoworld.com wrote:The current belief is that Jorge Posada will miss three or four games with a fractured nose.
Posada underwent surgery tonight. The Yankees are expected to call up David Parrish to back up John Flaherty while Posada is out. Homer Bush figures to return to the minors.

We'll probably just have to wait to be certain when he'll be back, but I would not in any way compare this to Donelly's injury. He definately broke his nose from seeing pictures of it. It was clearly crooked.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby fiz » Thu May 13, 2004 11:42 am

OUCH - gives new meaning to the emoticon !+)
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby rolenfan » Thu May 13, 2004 12:07 pm

Madison wrote:Now that I've seen the play I must admit that I'm extremely irritated with the throw. It should have been over or around Posada, not right at him. Very poor play. :-[

If it were hockey, the benches would have cleared and they'd still be fighting. That was a very bad throw. Yes, you are taught to make the runner get down, but Posada was on his way down, no need for a sidearm throw like that.
"You can observe a lot by watching" Yogi
rolenfan
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers