Upper Deck 1995 Gold Set Collection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Upper Deck 1995 Gold Set Collection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Upper Deck 1995 Gold Set Collection

Postby NevinW11 » Wed May 12, 2004 12:06 pm

I have a question..

In 1995 Upper Deck had a contest where they released a card into packs of cards. On that card was a date and a players name and If the player hit a home run on that date you would win the Gold Set. I pulled out a Mike Piazza contestant card (meaning if Mike Piazza hit a home run on the date they gave me I would win the Gold Set). Mike Piazza did hit a home run on that day and I sent away for my set. I received my set and it included star players such as Mike Piazza, Barry Bonds, Mark Mc Gwire, Alex Rodriguez, Bob Hamelin, Juan Gonzalez, Garry Sheffield, Cecil Fielder, Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey JR, Frank Thomas, Ryan Idesko, Joe Carter, Jeff Bagwell, Jose Canseco, Fred Mc Griff, Matt Williams, David Justice, and Rual Mondesi (making it a set of 19). When I first won this set I looked it up immediately to find the overall price of this set being $600.00 and rising (but that was in 1995). These cards are in mint condition other than 2 cards edges being alittle bent. I have searched beckett.com and other baseball collecting sites and no one has a clue of the price of this set to today. My question for everyone is do you know this price of this set? If you do please post or email me (mailto:GoalieN21@hotmail.com).

IF you need pictures of the set please tell me and I will try and take some.
Mr Burns: "Mattingly trim those sideburns"
Mattingly: "Look, Mr. Burns. I don't know what you think sideburns are, but..."
Mr Burns: Mattingly your off this team!
Mattingly: "Fine..I still like him better than Steinbrunner"
NevinW11
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri May 14, 2004 4:07 am

Interesting item! ;-D

I'm not certain about what price you could get, but $600 sound a bit high to me. Then again, few cards have been as volatile in the past as exchange sets, so I may be wrong.

Was this Upper Deck, Collector's Choice, or another UD brand?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia