Any new word on Tejada and/or Thome? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any new word on Tejada and/or Thome?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any new word on Tejada and/or Thome?

Postby Steve Kemp » Wed May 12, 2004 9:53 am

I'm a concerned owner that has Thome's thumb, Tejada's knee and BBoone's back making me think I should trade my whole team....any news and Miguel or Thome?
Alan Trammell should be in the Hall
Steve Kemp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed May 12, 2004 2:45 pm

i have thome, tejada and just got marcus giles last week...

:-P

Phillies-Giants Preview
Associated Press story

Posted: 7 hours ago

GAME: Philadelphia Phillies (16-14) at San Francisco Giants (14-19).

TIME: Wednesday, 10:15 p.m. EDT.

The Philadelphia Phillies could be without first baseman Jim Thome when they meet the San Francisco Giants in the middle game of their series at SBC Park.

Thome left the Phillies' 10-4 win in Tuesday's series opener after the fifth inning with a left thumb injury. Team officials said he tweaked the thumb while fielding a groundball from Tyler Walker. He had been 2-for-3 with an RBI triple.

Although Thome has missed just two games this season, his thumb has bothered him in recent weeks. He sat out a 6-4 loss to Arizona on May 1 after receiving a cortisone shot the previous night.

The Giants might also be missing their regular first baseman.

J.T. Snow left after the fifth inning as a precaution after hitting the back of his head on the ground. He was chasing a foul ball by Marlon Byrd in the fourth, lunged over the dugout railing but didn't make the play. He fell hard as he came back and struck his head on the ground. The Giants said they did not believe Snow had a concussion.

Kevin Millwood, who threw a no-hitter against the Giants last season, pitched 6 2-3 strong innings Tuesday, and Marlon Byrd had a three-run triple to help Philadelphia improve to 4-0 on its 10-game road trip.

The Phillies' 10 runs were the most they've scored since beating Florida 14-0 on Sept. 16. Their 15 hits were two off their season high.

Barry Bonds went 1-for-3 with an intentional walk for the Giants. His double off Millwood in the second ended an 0-for-15 slump.

Bonds said before the game he was "feeling better" after a sinus infection forced him to miss three straight starts last week.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2394992

Besides having its three-game win streak snapped, Baltimore lost Miguel Tejada, the team's RBI leader with 25.

Tejada left the game in the first inning after landing awkwardly on his right leg and was later diagnosed with a strained tibialis anterior, a muscle that runs parallel with the shin. He is listed as day-to-day.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2394974
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fezzik » Wed May 12, 2004 2:50 pm

Tejada is fine and is playing tonight.

Fanball:

May 12 - Good news on Miguel Tejada. The Orioles' superstar shortstop needed to be helped off the field in the first inning of last night's game against the White Sox, but it turns out the injury—muscle cramps in front of his right shin—is not very serious. "I'm going to play [tonight]," Tejada told the Baltimore Sun following the game. "I can walk good. I don't feel any pain." Tejada missed one game in spring training with a similar ailment. He will undergo an MRI test today just to be extra sure there aren't any further problems with his leg.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jeffc_76 » Wed May 12, 2004 3:02 pm

Glad to hear it about Tejada. I thought I heard a giant sucking sound and had to figure it was my entire season going down the drain.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed May 12, 2004 3:06 pm

jeffc_76 wrote:Glad to hear it about Tejada. I thought I heard a giant sucking sound and had to figure it was my entire season going down the drain.

i do not like the fact that this is the second time in 3 months...i hope that this is the last of this type of injury....

but atleast he is trying to give it a go and he does not sit out like JD Drew...
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby West Coast Fan » Wed May 12, 2004 3:12 pm

As an avid follower of Tejada when he was with the A's (and a member of all of my fantasy teams), I can assure you that he will play. Will his play be effective? That I cannot say. But Miggy is pretty tied to his consecutive game streak and isn't going to let this stop his streak. He may not challenge Ripkin's streak, but expect Miggy to be in there every day for years to come.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers