Biggest sell high player... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Biggest sell high player...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcmahojl » Wed May 12, 2004 7:34 pm

It is so hard for me to see Cabrera's name on these "hot for now" lists. %-6 I really believe that he is the real deal...he was the real deal when he hit that opposite field home run off Clemens in Game 4 of the World Series. As for sell high, how about Griffey...acting like its 1990, but for how long?
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed May 12, 2004 8:58 pm

I really believe that cabrera keeps up ythe pace, not MVP like numbers but all star type numbers. I say Finley easily, the guy is 39 and was never amazing in his career. Hes either gonna slump or get injured within a month.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Wed May 12, 2004 9:39 pm

Finley is a good choice. The problem is finding anyone who thinks he's worth much. He's still on waivers in 2 of my leagues (including on 10 team league) because noone thinks he can keep it up...
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Purple Haze » Thu May 13, 2004 6:39 pm

TheRaven wrote:I sold Mesa high. Packaged him with Renteria for ARod. I loved Joe Table for how nice he has been for me, but I also was just sitting around waiting for him to implode. Plus with the Pirates losing Mondesi and their SP coming back down to earth, his save ops have aren't very consistant anymore.

Mesa and Renteria for A-ROD??? What kind of league you in...JEEZE.. :-t That is a CRAP trade, and it was allowed? Glad I'm not in your league....

HAHAHAHAHA ;-)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Thu May 13, 2004 8:08 pm

Just wondering, but Purple Haze are you in a league called High Stakes fantasybaseball, just wondering because someone in that league has the exact same name as you.
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Choi...

Postby pelotero » Thu May 13, 2004 9:15 pm

I'm gonna offer him for Hairston,,, Any suggestions...
"Born with a glove"
pelotero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Silver Slugger » Thu May 13, 2004 9:22 pm

i agree with finley and cabrara (i have never really believed that kid was the next albert pujols; he had a great post-season tacked on to a mediocre season, and everyone forgot the former and remembered the later.)

With that said, i'll try a couple of new ones:

what do you guys think about beltre as a sell high? i know, i know, he's been a great prospect, but people have had to talk about his "potential" for the first like five years of his career. what do you think the odds are that he keeps it up?

i would also consider ron belliard and juan uribe, if you can get something for them. of course, getting anything for them would consititute "selling high" because i suspect that in a few weeks, you'll get nothing?

ps - about the harriston thing: i would try and get someone else. roberts has looked real good lately, so i am not sure harriston is anything more than a backup right now. okay, maybe trade bait (for the actual orioles, not for a fantasy team), but that won't help your team until he's playing second base somewhere else.
Silver Slugger
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers