Thome's injured thumb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thome's injured thumb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thome's injured thumb

Postby tmoney » Wed May 12, 2004 3:29 am

I dont really know what to think of this, but I sure hope Thome does not have to miiss any time. It is never good to have a recurring injury. Anyone have thoughts on this, I am guessing he will be ok, but just thought I would bring it up.

From Rotoworld:
Jim Thome left tonight's game in the fifth inning after tweaking his sore left thumb.
Thome has been troubled by the thumb for weeks, but it hasn't hurt him offensively. He tripled and singled before leaving tonight.

This is from Rototimes:
Jim Thome "tweaked" his left thumb fielding a grounder in the fifth inning Tuesday night and had to leave the game, according to the AP. This is the same thumb that Thome had a cortisone shot in earlier this month.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Wed May 12, 2004 4:35 am

I am not a thome owner, but I would be a tad worried if I were. I don't think that it will keep him out of the lineup a lot, but he might get subbed out for a "defensive substitution" in games where philly has a substantial lead.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers