Barry Zito (nothing has changed) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Zito (nothing has changed)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barry Zito (nothing has changed)

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:40 pm

Now I am getting worried. He was pitching OK till the 5th inning. Now he has just given up the tying run. It is 3-3. He looks like he is in trouble! :-t :~( :~(
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 11, 2004 8:42 pm

He just gave up some more. Zito's been making me go crazy, I'm about to trade this fool for matt riley. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GSes » Tue May 11, 2004 8:43 pm

jpbusta wrote:He just gave up some more. Zito's been making me go crazy, I'm about to trade this fool for matt riley. :-D

8-o 8-o

lol
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue May 11, 2004 8:50 pm

I hate Zito :-o
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:51 pm

Zito may still get the win. I got JJ for a spot start...he sucks. He's handing the win right back to the A's. :-t
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 11, 2004 9:25 pm

He's getting hold of the game again. Hope he gets a win. :-D

Maybe I won't trade him for Matt Riley. :-D :-D !+)
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:58 pm

I look down my roster and Zito and Santana are the guys that REALLY stick out as not being of much use so far but I can't bring myself to drop them as I'd like to think that they are just battling rust or something like that and will come around...ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!

Now that Guillen is almost better, somebody's going to have to go...hmmm....Berroa, Santana, Zito...I could just chuck Nix, who I picked up to fill in for Guillen but he just whacked a homer tonight!! Arrgh.

At least Garrett Anderson, who I traded for Zito, hasn't come back yet. That would really make me depressed about it!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby sammyfan711 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:59 pm

I'm surprised ZitoIsGod hasn't chimed in yet. I've always preferred NL pitchers anyway and Barry doesn't strike out enough hitters for me.
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GSes » Tue May 11, 2004 10:19 pm

sammyfan711 wrote:I'm surprised ZitoIsGod hasn't chimed in yet. I've always preferred NL pitchers anyway and Barry doesn't strike out enough hitters for me.

Believe it or not, Zito's K's are up this year. He is getting 7.20 K's/9 which is way up from last season's 5.67

That is the major case everyone presents when claiming zito is in a decline, LBKJackal im sure will be along shortly to remind me that zito's k rate has been going down, i saved u the truoble lb :-D

Anyways there are numerous reasons why zito is going to be just fine. In every category but K/9 last season he performed the same if not better. Zito is off to a tough start in 2004, he had 6 starts in a row against the loaded rangers, angels, and yankees

you find me a pitcher who could be dominate for 6 starts vs those 3 loaded offense's, u wont.

The fact alone that zito's k's are back up is reason enough to realise that he will continue to imrove.

Stick w/ him, he is a top 15 starter.

Zito has never really been declining, last year he gave up the same number of BB, hits and opponets hit the same agaisnt him. He simply had a lot of bad luck and poor run support.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ramble2 » Tue May 11, 2004 10:23 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I look down my roster and Zito and Santana are the guys that REALLY stick out as not being of much use so far but I can't bring myself to drop them as I'd like to think that they are just battling rust or something like that and will come around...ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!

Now that Guillen is almost better, somebody's going to have to go...hmmm....Berroa, Santana, Zito...I could just chuck Nix, who I picked up to fill in for Guillen but he just whacked a homer tonight!! Arrgh.

At least Garrett Anderson, who I traded for Zito, hasn't come back yet. That would really make me depressed about it!!

I hear your pain.

In my 12 team keeper league, my starters going into the season were Santana, Wood, Zito and Zambrano. I figured I'd easily be top three in ERA, WHIP and Ks. Instead, I'm middle of the pack in ERA and WHIP. I still have faith, though. There's about 5 of us clumped together at the top of the league. I figure that when the pitching comes around (and it will come around :-o ) that will give me the boost that propels me into 1st.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers