Tejada just helped off the field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada just helped off the field

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WhiteHot » Tue May 11, 2004 9:33 pm

bibsybob wrote:this is f*ckin gay. This thread was meant to discuss tejadas injury, not some petty sh*t that riles your guys inflated egos up.

I agree. It should be a discussion about the Tejada injury, not some guy with no morals threadjacking with his Giles/Tejada sob story.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wannabthechamp » Tue May 11, 2004 9:34 pm

Does anyone have an update on Tejada yet?
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Liberty30 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:34 pm

last I heard, "Tejada left game with leg injury"

no more details :-/
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:37 pm

Wait...I threadjacked this? If you're going to keep on taking cheap & blind shots at me, I'm forced to keep on replying to this thread. I already said "out" and summed up with conclusions on the last post, but unfortunately, I'll have to post again, due to your cheapshots.

Y'all were the ones who jumped on my back. Maybe not you in particular, but a couple of others. Oh so you're a goody two shoes or something and I'm moralless?

I don't think this is an issue of morals at all. There are so many other factors in this case that makes it easy to swing both ways. A trade issue is not something as black and white as y'all are making out to be.

I honestly doubt all of you would just take it up the ass if this happened to you. You may say that you would, but I doubt it. You're only saying this shit to sound like you're a Godsend or something.

And unless you decide to attack me yet again, which I cannot put past your vulgar character, I will stop posting about any Giles/Tejada trade issues on this thread.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue May 11, 2004 9:43 pm

jacpasfb wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Oh shit...I just acquired him for Giles...I hope he's okay, or I'm going to scream bloody murder at the commish that circumstances have changed and that I should be allowed to cancel.

Hey Warrick95, ya know what, if you just traded for him, too f*cking bad. That's just bad luck. But don't use the commish or anybody else to cancel a trade due to the fact, that a stroke of bad luck befell you. Canceling a trade should be used in rare instances when people are actually cheating the game. Not for this bull. Grow up.

why was this necassary .....
I mean I agree, but this wasn't needed ..
You should have to do 30 cafe pushups or something ..

and it seemed things were going along nicely till this point and then to add to the hypocrisy, everybody got mad at the other guy?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby wannabthechamp » Tue May 11, 2004 9:45 pm

It looks like nothing serious... :-°

Yahoo reports it is a bruised right shin.
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:48 pm

I have to add one more thing, sorry.

From ESPN's Fantasy Baseball Rules:

Trade Vetoes

The following are NOT sufficient reasons to veto a trade:

I changed my mind
Once you complete a trade, it's too late to change your mind. It's unfair to the other owner involved.

I will quit if this trade goes through
Sorry, this game is not about blackmail. We can't let statements like these make our decisions for us.

My little brother/mom/dog hit the button by accident
It is your responsibility to keep your account access away from irresponsible people or pets.

The owners have the same e-mail address
Collusion is against the rules. Sharing an account is not. Please have some amount of proof before you accuse another owner in your league of collusion.

A player is injured AFTER the trade was accepted
As long as the player was healthy when the trade was made, we consider the trade to be in 'good faith'.

So-and-so is a proven veteran - how can you trade him for a rookie?
We see this often. We judge a trade on how likely we think it is that it will help a team. If each team has a decent possibility to improve, we'll OK it.

Reasons the League Office will consider vetoing a trade:

Both owners involved ask us to cancel
Simple enough - no explanation needed.

Collusion
On rare occasions, collusion is very evident. We'll veto these automatically.

A recently injured player is involved, and the trade occurred right after the injury
This is to protect an owner who leaves an offer on the table, that is snatched up by an unscrupulous trading partner right after an injury is announced.

We feel the trade is extremely unlikely to help one of the teams
This is the most controversial responsibility of the League Office. Usually, no matter what the final decision is, one or more owners will be unhappy. The decisions are not personal. They are informed decisions made by a panel of ESPN.com experts and are based on empirical data and statistics. If, in the League's judgement, both teams have a reasonable chance to improve their position through the trade, and the trade is being made in good faith, the League Office will approve the trade. The people who review trades are ESPN.com experts who watch hundreds of Major League games a year, either on TV or in person. They also examine stats, both past and present. Many owners automatically protest a trade if a "big name" player is involved - however, fantasy value can differ (sometimes greatly) from real value or reputation. The decisions are often very close. The panel's responsibility is to make the most informed decision it can, based on the data available when it reviews the protest.

Well...the trade was accepted tonight. I am not sure if that was before or after the injury...I believe after...the times are nearly identical, which leads me to believe that the dude might've been watching the game. If it was accepted before the injury, I'll have to take it. But, I don't think it was...I would've cancelled if I could've. Did the guy who posted this post ASAP? For my sake...I hope not...
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby G-Man » Tue May 11, 2004 9:50 pm

wannabthechamp wrote:It looks like nothing serious... :-°

Yahoo reports it is a bruised right shin.

thanks for the update, great news! ;-D ;-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tmoney » Tue May 11, 2004 9:50 pm

Alright, didnt mean to give anyone a heart attack. Sounds like it is good news. This just posted on Rotoworld:

The Orioles are listed Miguel Tejada as day-to-day with a strained muscle in his right shin.
Tejada figures to start tomorrow in order to keep his consecutive games streak intact.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 4Pack » Tue May 11, 2004 9:51 pm

Well...if the other manager accepted the trade right after he heard Tejada was injured....than I certainly think that warrick has a valid reason to be pissed. I consider that unethical and would raise a little hell about it myself.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers