Tejada just helped off the field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada just helped off the field

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Xtreemes » Tue May 11, 2004 9:19 pm

i agree, you agreed to a trade. so unless the trade is vetoed, that player should become yours. why should the other guy get stuck with him just because he got injured? if giles got injured i bet you wouldnt want him back.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:20 pm

Wow, language. You're a class act.

Actually, no. The circumstances of the trade HAVE CHANGED since the trade was proposed. I'm not going to stand for it if he's going to be out for the year (he won't be)...

This has actually happened before in our leagues. I believe the right thing was done and the trade was cancelled for the time being.

If it was an AL only league and a player was traded to the NL without both parties having that source of knowledge, would that be fair? No. It's more of a race to who can get to the comp first (to click "accept" or for the other party to click "cancel").

Hopefully this is a moot point and Tejada is okay.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WhiteHot » Tue May 11, 2004 9:21 pm

It's a done deal. He's yours. "The circumstances of the trade HAVE CHANGED since the trade was proposed." It's no longer a proposed trade, it's a done deal. Sorry, bro.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:22 pm

If Giles got hurt and it was accepted without the other owner knowing at the time, I would agree to take him back if the other owner agreed to it.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a "cancel trade" option on Yahoo in the past for both parties of the trade while it is in the veto period. I could be mistaken and confusing this with commish powers, but I believe this was the case...
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bibsybob » Tue May 11, 2004 9:22 pm

he may have been jokin around guys. At least thats the general feel i get from the tone of the sentence.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 9:24 pm

warrick95 wrote:Wow, language. You're a class act.

Actually, no. The circumstances of the trade HAVE CHANGED since the trade was proposed. I'm not going to stand for it if he's going to be out for the year (he won't be)...

This has actually happened before in our leagues. I believe the right thing was done and the trade was cancelled for the time being.

If it was an AL only league and a player was traded to the NL without both parties having that source of knowledge, would that be fair? No. It's more of a race to who can get to the comp first (to click "accept" or for the other party to click "cancel").

1) pot calling the kettle black

2) if the relevant button was pressed before the injury it is a done deal. you can't go back on it.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:25 pm

WhiteHot wrote:It's a done deal. He's yours. "The circumstances of the trade HAVE CHANGED since the trade was proposed." It's no longer a proposed trade, it's a done deal. Sorry, bro.

What does that mean? See the word "since"?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Liberty30 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:27 pm

warrick95 wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:It's a done deal. He's yours. "The circumstances of the trade HAVE CHANGED since the trade was proposed." It's no longer a proposed trade, it's a done deal. Sorry, bro.

What does that mean? See the word "since"?

If it's been accepted, it's been accepted, IMHO
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:29 pm

matmat wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Wow, language. You're a class act.

1) pot calling the kettle black

2) if the relevant button was pressed before the injury it is a done deal. you can't go back on it.

Oh shit=phrase used in distress.
Too f*cking bad=explicit phrase used in a more offensive manner...can't say "too bad?"

Here's the deal. I'm going to do what I please on this matter. I honestly don't care what y'all think about it. If the commish agrees with y'all, that's that. If he doesn't, good for me. I believe a party chose to cancel a trade last year (no injury either) and it was perfectly allowed. Maybe y'all prefer not to play that way, but it's not your league. Out.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bibsybob » Tue May 11, 2004 9:31 pm

this is f*ckin gay. This thread was meant to discuss tejadas injury, not some petty sh*t that riles your guys inflated egos up.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers