Crosby, what are your thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crosby, what are your thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Longhorns76 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:01 pm

It stinks that I have to use him in the meantime. I grabbed him late in the draft in a keeper league and I was thinking that with Nomar as my SS, I wouldn't have to play Crosby. I want him to heat up so I can either ship him off for some more pitching or hold onto for the keeper. But right now I am forced to use him in place of Nomar and I guess if Derek Jeter can play on someone's fantasy team with a sub .200 average, Crosby can do the same too. Just hopefuly it won't last and he can hold fort until Nomar returns.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Tue May 11, 2004 9:14 pm

Send him down, let him hopefully build some confidence in AAA and bring him up on a high note.

Seems like a yearly trend that hot shot prospects are brought up out of spring and fail: 2002: Blalock, 2003: Brandon Phillips, 2004: Bobby Crosby.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Longhorns76 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:30 pm

Tex was batting around .100 at this time last year. They allowed him to work through it and he started to play well after 2 months or so and by the end of the year he was a rookie of the year contender. The A's really have no choice but to keep him here in the meantime with Mark Ellis injured and they don't want to run him get his second option then he would be a free agent earlier than they would like and they couldn't hold onto him. So he is here to stay.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Liberty30 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:33 pm

Given his injury troubles thus far this year, his performance has been admirable (aside from the BA :-P ). I don't think he's deserving of a demotion, yet, though if this continues into mid-June, perhaps AAA may be a good idea.
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers