12-player trade, need feedback!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

12-player trade, need feedback!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12-player trade, need feedback!?!?!

Postby Brazicle » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:42 am

Currently I have a trade on the table that invovles me giving up the following: [/b]Pedro Martinez, Orlando Hernandez, Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Larkin, Mike Piazza, and Mike Dejean. In return I would recieve the following players: Pedro Astacio, Jamie Moyer, Juan Pierre, Carlos Delgado, Scott Rolen, and John Smoltz. Should I take the trade? ANY ADVICE would help me out?!?!
Brazicle

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:47 am

That's quite a trade... At first glance, this might be worth it, although it's nearly impossible to call without more background. What scoring do you use in your league? And who would you use at ss and c if you made this trade? There's certainly some great talent on both sides of the deal, but it comes down to how your team looks now and how it would change with this trade.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:53 am

Currently I have Travis Fryman at 3B, after Piazza I have Ivan Rodriguez also as a catcher. As for SS I also have Nomar Garciapaara. As for pitchers, I only have Eddie Guardado as RP. My current SP are Pedro, David Wells, Mark Prior, Andy Ashby, Odaliz Perez. So I hope this helps anyone out that might have some replies to my trade dilemma. I play in a Fantasy Points based league, where we gain points for a wide variety of catergories.

ya do it

Postby Yeaok » Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:29 pm

Pedro Martinez is better than Astacio, Orlando is worse than moyer. Get rid of Grifey for Pierre, both good players. Delgado and Rolen are better than Piazza and larkin. Smoltz is ten times better than Dejean. You have to break this trade up and see which players are better than each other at there positions. Do this trade but if you could get a very good pitcher in there instead of Pedro martinez, do that. Hes the best pitcher in baseball.
Yeaok

Postby timkell » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:23 pm

Delgado and Rolen better than Piazza and Larkin? I disagree. Name 5 catchers you'd like to have on your team.

You can't? Name three: Posada, Piazza, Pudge. All the rest are useless.

Piazza is the number one catcher, and catcher is BY FAR the weakest position.

Pedro is a top 5 pitcher.

The number of players here distracts from the fact that you're giving up these two guys. Do you like your staff without Pedro and with the addition of Astacio and Moyer? It's OK, but I don't have a high degree of confidence in Moyer.

Why don't you forget all of this and just trade Piazza, if you feel confident Pudge will be fine? You may get yourself an ace pitcher easily with Piazza. Anyone out there with a deep staff, but a terrible catcher? Woudn't it be nice to have two aces on your team, plus a healthy Pudge?

It's a fair deal, but I would probably avoid it. I could see people pulling the trigger, but I don't think I would. Good luck!
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jungle Bookie » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:17 pm

Lo Duca?
Jungle Bookie
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: 12-player trade, need feedback!?!?!

Postby lostigres » Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:14 am

Pedro Martinez, Orlando Hernandez, Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Larkin, Mike Piazza, and Mike Dejean

Pedro Astacio, Jamie Moyer, Juan Pierre, Carlos Delgado, Scott Rolen, and John Smoltz

Okay right away, the guy upgrades big time at 3b and closer. And possibly 1b, I don't remember who his 1b is. I doubt DeJean will close games for the brewers all season. Larkin is also a throw away player considering he's a has-been and Nomar is on his team.

Banking pn Pudge is obviosuly a gamble, but isn't having Junior in your outfield also one?

The pitching is the sticky part. I don't like El Duque, he's usually not very good in the regular season. And if Moyer and Astacio keep pitching well, they could end up a better pair then El Duque or Pedro.

It seems to me he's trading 3 good players (Piazza, Pedro, Grif) for six. Not bad.

Although, this trade is making my head hurt.
lostigres
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers