Wilkerson vs. Pena vs. Durazo.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wilkerson vs. Pena vs. Durazo..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wilkerson vs. Pena vs. Durazo..

Postby Warpigs » Tue May 11, 2004 12:59 pm

All three are available in a number of leagues that I've seen, but I'm assuming that if they keep up their current play, that won't last long. In what order do you place these guys in terms of value?

I've always like Wilkerson myself, and he's also eligible in the OF. His stats are a little below the other two's right now, but he's been improving lately and has the added bonus of snagging some bases. Playing in Montreal is scary.

Pena has been impressive, to say the least, and Detroit's lineup isn't exactly scary outside of Pudge. Can he keep up his pace for a full season?

Durazo has been hot in spells other seasons, but has yet to emerge as a CONSISTENT force at 1b/DH. Will he continue to see-saw through the season or will he finally become a stud?

Thanks
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 11, 2004 1:00 pm

I picked up Wilkerson about a week ago because I needed speed (dropped Konerko). I realize he's no burner, but I'm hoping for 15-20 steals. I think the Expos offense will turn around a little, making him a little more valuable. Plus his eligibilty is better than the other guys you mentioned. I would go with him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Tue May 11, 2004 2:59 pm

I'd go with Durazo over both of those guys in a heartbeat. He's batting occasionally fourth and/or fifth for the A's. I have a rule: All things being equal go with the clean-up hitter.

However, beware that IL play starts in June. As a DH, Durazo will likely sit a few games. He's too much of a liability to have in the field. He could hurt somebody. I wonder if he even owns a glove anymore?
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Warpigs » Tue May 11, 2004 3:34 pm

Last I checked, Wilkerson was hitting cleanup for Montreal -- which of course may change with Everett coming back??
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GameOn » Tue May 11, 2004 3:40 pm

I'd take wilkerson, especially if your league counts walks or OBP. He is a five category player (albeit not a major contributor in any particular one) whereas the other three are at best 2 or 3 category players.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers