Top Five Offensive Fantasy Players the rest of the season... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Five Offensive Fantasy Players the rest of the season...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zen Boy » Tue May 11, 2004 1:10 pm

I don't think Helton being ahead of Bonds is clearly a no-brainer. So far, Bonds is pretty much beating him in every category, and if your league counts OPS forget about it.
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 11, 2004 1:16 pm

Beltran
Arod
Soriano
Pujols
Helton

I put Beltran number one because I believe he will be on a contending team by the end of the year. I agree that you cannot disregard Soriano because his 2B eligibility is huge. Finally, Bonds does not make my list in 5x5 because as the year continues he will be walked more and more. Now if you use extended categories obviously I would include him near the top.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KPucks » Tue May 11, 2004 1:24 pm

Zen Boy wrote:I don't think Helton being ahead of Bonds is clearly a no-brainer. So far, Bonds is pretty much beating him in every category, and if your league counts OPS forget about it.

But in the end in a 5x5 league, Bonds' average won't help your team as much as Helton's b/c of the few AB's Bonds gets. And Bonds' runs and rbi totals won't be near Helton's by season' end b/c of how bad the Giants are and he doesn't get many opportunities to drive in runs.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

beltran is the best overall because he does it all

Postby edr4225 » Tue May 11, 2004 2:21 pm

1. Beltran
2. Pujols
3. AROd
4. Helton
5. Tejada

thats my five folks
Go Chicago Cubs
edr4225
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedro » Tue May 11, 2004 2:36 pm

Pujols
Beltran
ARod
Helton
Vlad

I'd also include Sheff, Soriano, Manny, Sexson ( Healthy ) and Rolen.

acsguitar, are you a Marlins fan by any chance?
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GucciBaseballs » Tue May 11, 2004 2:45 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:Beltran is underrated, even by those who place him 3rd behind Arod and Pujols. I think he will surpass Pujols, if not Arod too, this year, and reach 40-40. He is a better version of Soriano with the average thrown in. My analogy is that he is the Kevin Garnett of baseball. They are similar in that they get every category, and guess what, Garnett was the MVP of the NBA, and probably also the MVP of fantasy basketball. Look for great things from Beltran this year and for years to come.

Actually, the weakest part of Beltran's game is his average. I think Sorianos avg will be higher than Beltrans this year.

Beltrans Avg Soriano's avg
99 294
00 247
01 306 268
02 273 300
03 307 290
AVG 288 287
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Two more

Postby blankman » Tue May 11, 2004 3:04 pm

acsguitar wrote:Tejada might be the most liked player in the league and is playing extremely well with only 4 HR's...Hell blow up and be top 5

What does that have to do with anything?

I don't like him for one.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 3:11 pm

Top Five offensive players:

1) Johnny damon -- he really needs to shave/cut that bird's nest

2) bonds -- he's not only offensive, he's also arrogant and an @$$

3) randall simon -- sausage: need I say more?

4) pedro -- he is a crybaby. the only reason MLB hasn't suspended him for various things (including that ball-strike argument delineating the strike zone) is because if they did it might cause a revolution in Boston

5) robbie alomar ... spitting.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Tue May 11, 2004 3:12 pm

scaricty only helps if that is turned into an advantage. soriano plays the most scarce position, yet still, people pciked two players on average ahead of him. At the end of the day, you still gotta take the best stats. beltran was absically 30-30 last year and missed over 100 at bats. entering the prime of his career as well. what's not to like.

he is very similar to kevin garnett in that regard. beltran will get you above average numbers - excellent numbers in every category.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 3:18 pm

still give me arod over the rest of the bunch. I'll take soriano over beltran too, but only because of the 2B factor. if sori were an OF I'd probably take beltran
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers