Cliff Floyd / Adam Dunn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Floyd / Adam Dunn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Floyd / Adam Dunn

Postby lostigres » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:16 am

Someone in my league needs a first baseman and offered my Cliff Floyd for Adam Dunn. (Dunn just became eligilble at 1B)

Floyd's propensity for injury scares me to death. Should I trade Dunn away?
lostigres
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:26 am

Welcome, lostogres! I don't really see any reason for you to accept this trade - at least not without some sort of sweetener thrown in. Dunn and Floyd are playing at similar levels right now (in fact, I'd give Dunn a very slim edge), and 1b eligibility is nice ti have, too.

There's a chance that Floyd might be traded before too ong, perhaps even to the Yankees, but that's just one of many possibilities and not worth making this deal for, especially considering Floyd's health concerns.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lostigres » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:40 am

Thanks for the advice Arlo! I've been reading these posts and you seem very knowledgable.

I'm not crazy about Floyd, but he can be very good at times. I still think Dunn's the man...
lostigres
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:52 am

Sure thing; thanks for the compliment. Both those guys can be great at times, but they do tend to be a bit streaky. And yes, Dunn is looking very good indeed. Remember when lots of folks were considering dropping him early this year?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dark Treb » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:12 am

I would definitely give Dunn the edge. Don't forget, he walks a TON, even more than Sammy, and sometimes he'll grab extra Runs that way. Less ABs also may keep his BA up. Dunn has been quite consistent lately, and I haven't regretted keeping him at all! You may want to watch the Cincinnati rotation for the days when Dunn will be sitting out.
Dark Treb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby timkell » Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:25 pm

Probably no reason to chime in. You seem sure now. No way do you drop Dunn for Floyd. Dunn seems to get better by the month! Look how young he is and how often he walks. With Griffey hurting again, Dunn should be in the lineup often enough to be worth it. Floyd is great, but you know what you'll get with him. Dunn seem to clearly be his equal, but he also could far exceed. No deal.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:49 am

Well, after Dunn's huge game yesterday, the decision should be even easier. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers