Short list (answered) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

Short list (answered)

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Postby chuckr37 » Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:55 pm

I think the best baseball fans are those who started as kids. I have found over the years that going to a baseball game just doesn't have the same meaning it did when I was younger. We used to go to 4 or 5 games at Fenway every summer when I was a kid. Now I might go to one or two games a year at Safeco Field and then only when a friend of mine gives me tickets to a game (He has seats 2 rows back of the visitor dugout). Sigh....to be a kid again :,-(
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:22 pm

I've found two great ways to become a kid again (rumors that I haven't really grown up yet anyway are malicious and false B-) ):

The first is going to games in stadiums where I've never been before - that always brings back the feeling that everything is new and wondrous.

The second is going to minor league games, where the hot dogs cost a buck, the seats are made of wood and everything is just a bit less serious...

By the way, I also grew up going to Fenway a couple times every season... A kindred spirit!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chuckr37 » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:32 pm

Ah yes the Paw-sox. Went to a game once we had seats front row just to the first base side of the backstop screen. A player hit a foul ball and it was coming down right in front of me. Thinking quickly I yanked off my cap and stuck it out just as the ball was dropping in front of me. Bad luck, I was wearing a visor instead of a ball cap that day. The ball went right through the visor and dropped onto the field. :~( I have an almost endless supply of tickets for the Tacoma Rainers games, but the ball park is on one of the worst traffic roads in the state. The last time I went it took almost an hour and a half to travel the 15 miles or so to the stadium we got there at the beginning of the 4th inning.
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:10 pm

Love the visor story!!! :-D That's absolutely terrific...

One of my favorite minor league parks is in Binghampton, New York - the atmosphere there was always a great deal of fun when I've been there. Haven't been able to see the Rainiers yet, though...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ANDY73 » Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:27 am

Arlo,

I grew up in Binghamton. Took in quite a few B-Mets games. :-D
ANDY73

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Trivia Time Trial