First round worthy picks. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

First round worthy picks.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PresHabib » Tue May 11, 2004 3:27 pm

Ender wrote:I would disagree at least for H2H leagues with daily lineup changes. I have 7 SP's pitching every week, my closers non SV stats do very little to win or lose era and whip each week. In addition while Gange is great, the dodgers are gonna have problems scoring runs once beltre slumps back to uselessness. No way in the world I'd take Gange first round.

But you have to look at it from a points league perspective. In a head to head non points league you're right, I wouldn't draft Gagne at all...well I would if he fell low enough but to get him I would have to draft him higher than I am willing...but as I understand a points league, saves are ten points and wins are ten points...a great starter will get you 200 points, a good closer will get you 250 or 300 points, and gagne will get you like 520 points...how can you pass that up? Again...its only cuz its a points league.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue May 11, 2004 3:32 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:I took Rolen as the first pick of the second round in a 10 team non keeper league this year, and haven't been dissapointed so far. In hind sight I think that is a little high, more middle ro late 2nd type player really I guess, but as a Card's fan I couldn't pass. :-D Based on current performances I would consider Bonds in leagues that count OBP and walks....Manny Ramirez and Sheff are border line first rounders (Sheff on past performance reallly)....On a different note, personally I think taking a pitcher with the exception of maybe Gagne isn't very smart for the first round. By round 2-3 there are still solid options left for pitching.

You would take Gagne in the first round?! There's only ONE pitcher that should even be considered in the first round, and he's sitting on the DL right now.

I didn't say I would. :-D Although Prior and Gagne are the best pitchers as far as fantasy, I personally wouldn't use a first round pick on either. I was just trying to qualify my statement, that it has to be a tremendous stud to take him in the first round and Gagne was the first pitcher that came to mind. :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers