Focus on the New York Mets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Focus on the New York Mets

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Focus on the New York Mets

Postby Arlo » Mon May 10, 2004 9:13 pm

Following the Pirates and Padres, it's time for an in-depth look at the Mets. In his debut cafe article, Jason Wiedman, appropriately known as Amazinz in the forums, takes a look not only at New York's roster, but the organization's plans for the future.

From veterans like Mike Piazza to a bevy of young arms, there's quite a bit of fantasy value to be found at Shea Stadium, and Jason covers it all in his excellent analysis. Don't miss this one!

Can't wait to see who'll be next to step up to the plate and continue this team focus series... ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 11, 2004 12:00 pm

Nice read Amazinz

You need to tell us what will happen with their rotation. The infield got a make over but that still leaves the OF and SP to re-do. I don't see the Mets making the post season for a long time and I don't want any of them except for the infielders on my fantasy teams.

I do like David Wright. I picked him up in a minor league draft in one of my keepers. I hope that he lives up to expectations.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 11, 2004 12:15 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Nice read Amazinz

You need to tell us what will happen with their rotation. The infield got a make over but that still leaves the OF and SP to re-do. I don't see the Mets making the post season for a long time and I don't want any of them except for the infielders on my fantasy teams.

I do like David Wright. I picked him up in a minor league draft in one of my keepers. I hope that he lives up to expectations.

If I knew I would have include it. :-D The NY papers have us going after Maggs, Delgado and Morris after this year. Not sure when Duquette actually plans to supplement the youth with FAs. The hope is that Kazmir and crew are ready by 2006. A lot of people say/write 2005 but I think it's far fetched.

If 2006 is the plan than I think the Maggs rumors are unfounded because we will have Brazell (currently playing 1B), Victor Diaz and Lastings Milledge who should all be ready to play OF. Obviously all of them won't work out but Diaz looks just about ready and Brazell is considered to be a sure-thing. LOL. We'll see.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue May 11, 2004 7:13 pm

Amazinz wrote: feels that no article on the Mets would be complete without mentioning that the game was tied and essentially lost BEFORE the ball rolled through Bill Buckner's legs.

lmao .... ;-D

great read .... ;-D

I just have one word here as to why you should never own a Met. It never fails too, no matter who you own offensivly speaking, they never live up to their billing ... Piazza bieng the lone exception.

M .. My
E .. Expectations
T .. Took a
S .. Shit

And for those of you that are seeing three or four different shrinks a week, here is a link for even more Mets.

http://www.barrison.net/newyorkmets/MetsLink/links.html

oh BTW, great read
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

good article

Postby dryice » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:10 am

Article is a good picture of a franchise that could go somewhere with proper management.

Goes to show you that it's impossible to COMPLETELY waste 150 mil a year since the Mets have probably been THE WORST run franchise in sports history.

(Bidwell's Arizona NFL football team doesn't count - not really a sports franchise - just a front to launder money from the unsuspecting pubic who keep thinking that what they're seeing is professional football. Of course, Bidwell is right and knows it. Didn't even bother to change the team's name to something even remotely relevant. Dumb old Arizona public probably thinks a "Cardinal" is some kind of lizard)
dryice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Article Discussions