Vlad - No SB's this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad - No SB's this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon May 10, 2004 10:21 pm

With as much as the Angels run and attempt to run, it does surprise me a little that Vlad doesn't even have one attempt yet. Yes, he's been going through a knee injury, so I'm not ready to write him off just yet in steals, but I am currently exploring other options for some extra steals.

Oh yeah, I got Vlad with the 8th pick overall so it's not like I jumped the gun and grabbed him too early. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon May 10, 2004 11:30 pm

GSes wrote:Guerrero is capable of putting up some ridiculous power numbers. with th e loaded angels lineup

50 HR/150 RBI/340avg isnt out of the question

Those numbers would more then justify a first rd pick.

A solid/fair projection would prob be 40HR/120RBI/330 avg

I don't know if Beltran can hit 40HR. I do belive Beltran will steal 40SB. Beltran 40/40? It is possible. Carlos Beltran is simply the most exciting player in baseball. In the end Vlad will have more HR,RBI,Runs, and a higer AVG

Beltran will have way more SB. But if Beltran does in fact go 40/40 or even close then those SB outweight wutever small amount of RBI/Runs/HR/avg vlad has over beltran. These are the top 2 fantasy outfielders in the game.

so their both better than Puljos :-? I hope what happened is that you just forgot Pujols qualified at OF this year.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby badass32 » Mon May 10, 2004 11:55 pm

even if he dosnt steal, he will do almost everything else, and lets not forget, he has a cool swing.so i would rather see vlads homerun jacking swing rather than beltrans stupid switch hitting swing, but thats just my opinion.
badass32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GSes » Tue May 11, 2004 1:26 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
GSes wrote:Guerrero is capable of putting up some ridiculous power numbers. with th e loaded angels lineup

50 HR/150 RBI/340avg isnt out of the question

Those numbers would more then justify a first rd pick.

A solid/fair projection would prob be 40HR/120RBI/330 avg

I don't know if Beltran can hit 40HR. I do belive Beltran will steal 40SB. Beltran 40/40? It is possible. Carlos Beltran is simply the most exciting player in baseball. In the end Vlad will have more HR,RBI,Runs, and a higer AVG

ya, I when I think of Pujols I just think 1B.

so yes, include pujols as a top 3 OF. I would take pujols over vlad and beltran also.
Beltran will have way more SB. But if Beltran does in fact go 40/40 or even close then those SB outweight wutever small amount of RBI/Runs/HR/avg vlad has over beltran. These are the top 2 fantasy outfielders in the game.

so their both better than Puljos :-? I hope what happened is that you just forgot Pujols qualified at OF this year.

ya when i think of albert, i think 1B. I would take pujols over beltran and vlad
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 11, 2004 1:32 am

I think everyone would agree that anyone would take 2002 vlad easily over beltran, but this year, vlad won't be stealing as we can all see. I'd personally take beltran over vlad knowing that vlad won't steal much bags this year, but there's no doubt that vlad without his steals is still worth a 1st round pick. ;-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby giants8307 » Tue May 11, 2004 2:28 am

Wow. In my league, vlad went 10th(to me) and beltran went 11th. Great value there on both picks. Anyway, if vlad hits 45 digers and 120+ RBI, i will not regret picking him. Doesn't really matter what beltran does...unless he steals like 75 bases.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Tue May 11, 2004 2:33 am

slomo007 wrote:If Beltran has 30 SBs or more, and Vlad has between 5-10, Vlad would have to hit about 60-80 HRs compared to Beltran's 40-45 to make him more valuable....run production won't be much different, neither will the average, though Vlad has a slight advantage in both. I took Soriano with the 3rd pick, and would have taken Beltran 4th

I've been saying this all off-season. Beltran is a better fantasy pick than Vlad. And I believe I also said Beltran will provide the best fantasy stats, not considering position scarcity. It will be close with him and Pujols, but if its for my utility spot, there's nobody I'd rather have than Beltran. I was saying he'll go 30/50 but with the power he's showing, 40/50 wouldn't surprise me.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GoGoBoSox » Tue May 11, 2004 5:27 pm

Im just glad i got Vlad with the 5th pick of the 2nd round :*)
Red Sox Baseball: On a clear night at Fenway, you can almost see October.
GoGoBoSox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kvillantz18 » Tue May 11, 2004 5:37 pm

I was saying he'll go 30/50 but with the power he's showing, 40/50 wouldn't surprise me.[/quote]

If that happens then all of us who took Vlad were wrong.
Up in here?
kvillantz18
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers