Guillen carted off in Anaheim - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Guillen carted off in Anaheim

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Guillen carted off in Anaheim

Postby WebHamster » Sun May 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - Anaheim Angels outfielder Jose Guillen was carted off the field during Sunday's game against Tampa Bay after injuring his right ankle sliding into second base.

Guillen, in his first season with Anaheim, doubled off the right-field wall with two outs in the inning and appeared to jam his right leg into the base during a slide. His ankle was wrapped in an air cast before he was placed on a stretcher and taken of the field in a cart.

There has been trouble on the basepaths all weekend during this series.

Angels infielder Darin Erstad was placed on the 15-day disabled list before Sunday's game after straining his right hamstring running from third to home plat in Saturday's win.

Then, in the fifth inning on Sunday, Tampa Bay infielder Eduardo Perez tore his left Achilles' tendon rounding second base trying to stretch a double into a triple. He was also carted off the field before being taken to an area hospital.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 582)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GuruHamster » Mon May 10, 2004 2:20 pm

May 9, 2004 11:14 PM ET
Angels: Guillen injury appears less severe

The News
After further evaluation, the Angels are encouraged about the left knee and ankle injuries that Jose Guillen suffered yesterday, and the red-hot outfielder may in fact play in Tuesday's game against the Yankees. According to the Los Angeles Times, the team has ruled out a fracture and has not ordered further X-rays or an MRI unless they find a need to when the swelling subsides today. "I'm not worried about my ankle now," Guillen said. "My knee is my concern. Hopefully, I'll keep the swelling down and I'll be able to walk tomorrow. If I think I can play Tuesday, I'll be playing."
GuruHamster
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates