DUDE JUST DROPPED FURCAL.... GUESS WHO HAS 1ww PRIORITY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DUDE JUST DROPPED FURCAL.... GUESS WHO HAS 1ww PRIORITY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matmat » Sun May 09, 2004 3:13 am

it would help if I knew what other SS are sitting in the FA pool but:

1) in a bout 3-4 weeks you will have nomar back and furcal will be sitting on your bench

2) j wilson has been hot and furcal has not.

3) the question becomes:
A) do you think furcal will turn it around? (probably yes)
B) will you have room to play him? (probably not)
C) will others be willing to trade for either nomar or furcal? (depends on your league).
D) is whatever you can get for furcal worth sacraficing the first waiver priority for? (I dunno, I wouldn't, but if you think someone else will want to trade for him at or above value, then maybe).
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby osb » Sun May 09, 2004 3:27 am

matmat wrote:it would help if I knew what other SS are sitting in the FA pool but:

1) in a bout 3-4 weeks you will have nomar back and furcal will be sitting on your bench

3) the question becomes:
C) will others be willing to trade for either nomar or furcal? (depends on your league).
D) is whatever you can get for furcal worth sacraficing the first waiver priority for? (I dunno, I wouldn't, but if you think someone else will want to trade for him at or above value, then maybe).

yes, but i'll have 3-4 weeks of furcal playing instead of a revolving list of hot SS that aren't worth anything...

there's no way that wilson stays this hot... in my opinion his days are numbered, he just can't realistically keep this up

furcal has not been hot because of injuries, not because of bad play... he's currently hitting .250something, if he had 2 more hits he'd be in the .280 range... i'll take that along with his SBs and runs over anyone on my wire including wilson

yes, i'll be able to trade one of them, maybe not for a month or two, but sooner or later they both are going to be just as hot as wilson is right now...

other SS on our WW are cintron, everett, derosa... lugo, eckstein... as you can see, not a whole lot there...

what's the point of sitting on this #1 priority in the hopes that someone might drop someone... we're getting into the part of the season where most struggling stars start pulling out of their early-season funk and rewarding their managers for not dropping them...
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

Postby KULCAT » Sun May 09, 2004 6:59 am

osb wrote:
matmat wrote:it would help if I knew what other SS are sitting in the FA pool but:

3) the question becomes:

yes, but i'll have 3-4 weeks of furcal playing instead of a revolving list of hot SS that aren't worth anything...

there's no way that wilson stays this hot... in my opinion his days are numbered, he just can't realistically keep this up

furcal has not been hot because of injuries, not because of bad play... he's currently hitting .250something, if he had 2 more hits he'd be in the .280 range... i'll take that along with his SBs and runs over anyone on my wire including wilson

yes, i'll be able to trade one of them, maybe not for a month or two, but sooner or later they both are going to be just as hot as wilson is right now...

other SS on our WW are cintron, everett, derosa... lugo, eckstein... as you can see, not a whole lot there...

what's the point of sitting on this #1 priority in the hopes that someone might drop someone... we're getting into the part of the season where most struggling stars start pulling out of their early-season funk and rewarding their managers for not dropping them...

I agree. Furcal IS the kinda player you use your nº1 ww pick with. Besides if you have room for him after Nomar comesback the guy becomes a commodity and you can trade him to fill a weakness or an upgrade . And that lineup is about to get better with Chipper coming back
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers