Uribe vs. Kaz at season's end... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Uribe vs. Kaz at season's end...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kaz or Uribe from here on out?

Kaz
60%
Uribe
40%

Total votes : 15

Uribe vs. Kaz at season's end...

Postby gabenterprises » Sun May 09, 2004 1:32 am

I'm waiting on Kaz to snap out of it, but looking at Uribe on the FA wire and feeling tempted... and predictions on the year these two will have?
I'm guessing Kaz at 270 with 15 homers 80 RBIs 90 runs and 10SBs.
But what about this Uribe? I need some input from someone who can watch him every day.
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Sun May 09, 2004 1:44 am

chisox fan here, i watch him every day, so far he looks great, best thing about him is his glove, but that doesent help fantasy.

it's a tough call, right now they are going to let uribe play everyday either at short or 2nd, & he is hitting lights out but i dont think hes ever been known for his bat. hes only like 24-25 so a good age to come alive. he came from rado where h didnt do much

Kaz looks so overmatched & uribe is in the better lineup. If i were u i would not drop Kaz but pick up Uribe if ya can, see what happens in the month of may
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby LBJackal » Sun May 09, 2004 1:47 am

Your projections for Kaz are too tough on him, but if Uribe gets playing time then he might be a better option than Kaz. And Uribe's defense actually does help in fantasy. It gets him in the lineup more than if he was bad defensively. I think the Sox want Harris playing 2B everyday, and they also seem partial to Valentin, so I don't know how they're going to get those 3 in the lineup every day.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bell » Sun May 09, 2004 4:48 am

Just wanted to note that Hideki Matsui batter .255 and .260 during the first two full months of last season. So maybe Kaz could just use some time to adjust?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Sun May 09, 2004 6:11 am

I would have to say Kaz will have better numbers by the end. Mets line up is struggling right now and they have injuries, not to mention you can't expect foreign player to come over like ichiro. most need time to adjust to the pitching and get to know how certain pitchers pitch. It's hard for me to get excited over any player that doesn't produce enough at Coors and then leaves. To me it's nothing more then a hot streak, since he has never been able to keep it up. he also looked good at coors sometimes, but couldn't keep it up.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 am

bell wrote:Just wanted to note that Hideki Matsui batter .255 and .260 during the first two full months of last season. So maybe Kaz could just use some time to adjust?

That's fine, but in the fantasy baseball world, is it worth waiting on a guy like this? I maintain SS is one of those positions where you can play the hot hand which is what I am doing with Uribe now. I just don't have a good feeling on Kaz because he is looking so fooled. Don't want to let my AVG suffer when I can just play the wire with SS and get better results.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 09, 2004 12:02 pm

T-Bone Costanza wrote:
bell wrote:Just wanted to note that Hideki Matsui batter .255 and .260 during the first two full months of last season. So maybe Kaz could just use some time to adjust?

That's fine, but in the fantasy baseball world, is it worth waiting on a guy like this? I maintain SS is one of those positions where you can play the hot hand which is what I am doing with Uribe now. I just don't have a good feeling on Kaz because he is looking so fooled. Don't want to let my AVG suffer when I can just play the wire with SS and get better results.

There isn't exactly an abundance of fantasy SS talent out there so if I had Kaz I'd find a way to hold on to him. I wouldn't neccesarily be starting him but I think his potential is too valuable just to drop to the WW. You could always look for a trade but I know that would be a tough sell right now. I also don't have much faith in Uribe hitting like this all year.

Everyone who drafted Kaz was aware of the gamble when they drafted. They were hoping for a steal and maybe you'll still get one. But if you decided to take the risk, especially where Kaz was being drafted, was 100 ABs your cutoff? What I mean is if you are going to gamble on Kaz then I think due to the nature of the beast you have to give him 300 ABs. This was one reason I shied away from drafting him.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Thanks for the input

Postby gabenterprises » Sun May 09, 2004 10:25 pm

I think I'll give him a little more time... I worry if I ride the WW I'm just gonna stab myself in the foot sitting him when I shuldn't have. Hopefully he'll either snap out of it or go on the DL and I'll WW hunt then
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers