Some info on Mauer, LeCroy, T. Nixon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Some info on Mauer, LeCroy, T. Nixon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some info on Mauer, LeCroy, T. Nixon

Postby RynMan » Sun May 09, 2004 1:05 am

My brother is in camp with the twins in the gulf coast league, and i was talking to him today.

He said Joe mauer has been taking batting practice with their team and has looked impressive...said he hit a bomb AT LEAST once every 5 pitches...and one went 400 foot opposite field - so Mauer seems to be looking good so far (yeah its only BP but hey at least he is mobile.)

Matt LeCroy has also been playing games with their team and he said he has been straight crushing the ball and looks good.

You can argue that the above two arent relevant seeing as though they are only facing GCL pitching, but it lets you know where they are at and what they can do right now. But the thing that surprised me was that he said Trot Nixon was playing for the GCL Red Sox team last week or so, and the GCL Twins played them, Trot went 0 for 4 with 3 K's. :-o i dunno what to make of this, but i mean that doesnt sound too encouraging....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jpbusta » Sun May 09, 2004 1:11 am

I like to hear that about mauer. :-D Anyways, rotoworld tells me mauer will be back late may but does anyone know if that's trustworthy? because I have him on my bench since sexson's riding my dl and I want to drop mauer and pick him up later if there's a lot of time left until he comes back.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warbird1 » Sun May 09, 2004 1:14 am

Mauer and Lecroy should both be back by the end of may..lecroy sooner than mauer..but things look good for both of them.
Win Twins
warbird1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 18)

Return to Baseball Leftovers