how have they liked Arod in Seattle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

how have they liked Arod in Seattle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how have they liked Arod in Seattle?

Postby ZAZ » Sat May 08, 2004 11:56 pm

I've been traveling in Europe so have missed the Yankee games in Seatttle. I remember when Arod was a Ranger they almost shot him when he went back to Seattle. I am dying to know how he's been recieved now that he's a Fing Yankee. Any details anyone?
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:36 am

it's been nonstop booing. I mean not just booing when his name is announced, a loud chorus of boooos b4 every single pitch , 1-, 2-1 every count every pitch LOUD BOOOOS echos thru the stadium. it's great f arod, lol

yankee beeat reporter sweeeney murti said he never seen anything like it, bood before every single pitch
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jeffc_76 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:40 am

Still not as bad imo as when he first went back with Texas. Never heard boos so loud.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun May 09, 2004 3:47 am

I was at the M's-Yankees game tonight and they booed him, as usual. I agree with the previous post, though, it wasn't as bad as when he first came back to Seattle playing with Texas. There were a few people throwing fake money from the stands and they cheered when he struck out.

I live in Seattle and have been going to M's games since the mid-80's and I'm tired of the A-Rod booing. Get over it. I think it makes the Seattle fans look like idiots. That they spend so much energy on showing their hatred for a player is just stupid. Alex is a great player, he's never said or done anything that would make a person think he's a jerk.

With their continuous booing of A-Rod, it just makes Seattle fans look more and more like a whiny, jilted lover, pining after the ex who dumped them. It's time to get over it and move on. They should be booing some of their current players who are helping them to a last-place finish in the AL West.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby bell » Sun May 09, 2004 3:48 am

Hmmm....I'm gonna have to load up this game on MLB.tv and watch this.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oat Soda » Sun May 09, 2004 6:36 am

BobbyRoberto wrote:I was at the M's-Yankees game tonight and they booed him, as usual. I agree with the previous post, though, it wasn't as bad as when he first came back to Seattle playing with Texas. There were a few people throwing fake money from the stands and they cheered when he struck out.

I live in Seattle and have been going to M's games since the mid-80's and I'm tired of the A-Rod booing. Get over it. I think it makes the Seattle fans look like idiots. That they spend so much energy on showing their hatred for a player is just stupid. Alex is a great player, he's never said or done anything that would make a person think he's a jerk.

With their continuous booing of A-Rod, it just makes Seattle fans look more and more like a whiny, jilted lover, pining after the ex who dumped them. It's time to get over it and move on. They should be booing some of their current players who are helping them to a last-place finish in the AL West.

That is the greatest post I've ever read (and I'm not being sarcastic).
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BGbootha » Sun May 09, 2004 2:36 pm

yeah just like the others said. I was at Friday's game, and as i was walking toward the stadium it simply erupted with Boo's as soon as they announced him in the starting lineup.

And then everytime he was at the plate it would be continuous booing for the entire at bat. Although it is not really even close to the boos he got the first gameback after going to TExas. It was still pretty loud.

I mean to give you the whole pitcher, fans are throwing back ball that he pops foul.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gateman4 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:00 pm

Arod should get a list and go boo everyone in that stadium who has ever changed jobs or workplaces before.

Like Seinfeld does in the Heckler episode. :-D
You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possible be - in baseball and in life.
--Pete Rose

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
--Humphrey Bogart
gateman4
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers