erstad heads up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

erstad heads up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

erstad heads up

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 11:04 pm

just did some major damage to his right hamstring area running home. if you are unlucky enough to have him on your team, look for a replacement. From what I saw it'll be while before he is back.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Sat May 08, 2004 11:16 pm

hmmm.. .does this mean that chone figgins would get any more playing time?

dunno cuz erstad was like, one of hte worst 1B in all of baseball, right?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby BillyMafia » Sat May 08, 2004 11:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I actually start Erstad (14 team league) and valued his runs and sb's.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 11:26 pm

the angels have quinlan on the current roster, but they might call up kotchman, who, according to the halo announcers 'has hit everywhere he has been'
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GuruHamster » Sun May 09, 2004 2:34 am

Kotchman is possibly the best Angels minor leaguer in a very good Angels Minor League system (though they also have what is concidered the best catching prospect in the entire minors now that Mauer is with the Twins).

He's stats in AA: .368AVG 3HR 11doubles 18RBI and a .438OBP

However Stoneman (the Angels GM) is reluctant to move a player quicker than needs be.

Robb Quinlan will replace Erstad for now. He's been a pretty good minor leaguer for the last 3 or 4 years. Batted .300ish in AAA this year so far with 2HR and 15RBI's and 9 doubles (.380 OBP) (just got called up a couple days ago). He had a brief stint with the club last year and batted about .290 (in 90 or so AB's). In 2001 (or was it '02?) he was the MVP of the PCL (AAA) for the Salt Lake Stingers. Has good power but isn't concidered the best with the leather. Don't see him stealing many bases as he's a bigger guy. Dispite all this he's never really seemed to be that great of a prospect for reason's I really don't know.

I'd just lay low on Quinlan for now. He could end up playing pretty good and in that stacked lineup is sure to have a lot of opportunity. However if Kotchman is ever brought up I'd snag him up faster than Bonds swallows pills.
GuruHamster
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers