Dang you, roy oswalt...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jpbusta » Sat May 08, 2004 8:54 pm

Pedro wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:
Pedro wrote:St. Louis?

They're offense is mediocre except for the middle of their line-up with Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen and Renteria, they don't have the strength up and down like the 'Stros and Yanks do.

So they're mediocre except for half their lineup?

That's right, a ton of teams are mediocre except half their line-up. Look at the Astros opponents tonight, the Braves. They have Furcal, Giles, Chipper, Drew and Druw, and then players like LaRoche, DeRosa and Johnny Estrada, what do you consider that?

There is a big difference between what the Cards have and what say Atlanta had last year, the Braves of '03 had zero holes in their line-up aside from the pitcher, which is why they were such a deadly offensive team.

0 holes? Wasn't Robert Fick their 1B?

Anyways they don't have that roster anymore. St. Louis has a great lineup. If you say they don't name, 4 teams that are better.

4 eh?

Let's see..

Yankees
Red Sox
Astros
Cubs
Phillies

And maybe the Angels.

Cubs, Phillies and Angels have better lineup than the Cardinals? lol I won't argue with you anymore. :-]
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:54 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Pedro wrote:I never said the Cards had a weak line-up, all I said was that they had holes in their line-up.

I also think you're underrating the Braves offense, don't forget that they have been battling injuries the entire season, Houston's offense is not that much better.

1B - Bagwell > LaRoche/Franco = HOU
2B - Kent = Giles - DRAW
SS - Furcal > Everett = ATL
3B - Lamb/Ensberg > DeRosa
LF - Ensberg = Chipper - DRAW
CF - Biggio < Andruw = ATL
RF - Drew = Hidalgo - DRAW
C - Ausmus < Estrada - ATL

You can debate my comparisons all you want, but like I said, Houston's offense is not that much better.

You forgot some guy named Lance Berkman.

Meh put in Ensberg instead of Berkman in LF.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:55 pm

Pedro wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:
Pedro wrote:St. Louis?

They're offense is mediocre except for the middle of their line-up with Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen and Renteria, they don't have the strength up and down like the 'Stros and Yanks do.

So they're mediocre except for half their lineup?

That's right, a ton of teams are mediocre except half their line-up. Look at the Astros opponents tonight, the Braves. They have Furcal, Giles, Chipper, Drew and Druw, and then players like LaRoche, DeRosa and Johnny Estrada, what do you consider that?

There is a big difference between what the Cards have and what say Atlanta had last year, the Braves of '03 had zero holes in their line-up aside from the pitcher, which is why they were such a deadly offensive team.

0 holes? Wasn't Robert Fick their 1B?

Anyways they don't have that roster anymore. St. Louis has a great lineup. If you say they don't name, 4 teams that are better.

4 eh?

Let's see..

Yankees
Red Sox
Astros
Cubs
Phillies

And maybe the Angels.

Red Sox? CUBS?

Personally I'd like to see you defend that.

Maybe the Angels? The Angels have a much more legit shot at beating St. Louis than someone like the Cubs does. I also would take St. Louis over Philly.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:56 pm

Pedro wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Pedro wrote:I never said the Cards had a weak line-up, all I said was that they had holes in their line-up.

I also think you're underrating the Braves offense, don't forget that they have been battling injuries the entire season, Houston's offense is not that much better.

2B - Kent = Giles - DRAW

You can debate my comparisons all you want, but like I said, Houston's offense is not that much better.

And by doing that you'd change the < to a > because Berkman is much better than Chipper Jones.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:56 pm

You're acting as if I said the Cards had a terrible line-up.

All I said was that they had holes in their line-up.

Which they do, and their names are Womack, Lankford, Sanders and Matheny.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:58 pm

Every team has holes. Not 1 team in the major leagues doesn't have an offensive hole.

Even the Yankees have to play Enrique Wilson.

St. Louis has alot less holes and alot better hitters than most teams, including the Redsox, Cubs and Phillies. I'm not sure how or why you said those 3 are better than the Cards.
Last edited by ajgnydc722 on Sat May 08, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:58 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:

2B - Kent = Giles - DRAW

And by doing that you'd change the < to a > because Berkman is much better than Chipper Jones.

How exactly is Berkman better than Chipper?

Look up their seasonal stats, they are as equal as you can get.
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 9:00 pm

Why don't you post the splits from the last 3 years each? I'd like to see how equal they are...
Last edited by ajgnydc722 on Sat May 08, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 9:01 pm

Arguing with you is pointless, you misconstrued my words somehow thinking that I said the Cards line-up sucked.
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 9:02 pm

No, but I am questioning you on how exactly the Redsox, Phillies and CUBS lineup is better.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers