Dang you, roy oswalt... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dang you, roy oswalt...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:32 pm

St. Louis?

They're offense is mediocre except for the middle of their line-up with Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen and Renteria, they don't have the strength up and down like the 'Stros and Yanks do.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhiteHot » Sat May 08, 2004 8:36 pm

Pedro wrote:St. Louis?

They're offense is mediocre except for the middle of their line-up with Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen and Renteria, they don't have the strength up and down like the 'Stros and Yanks do.

So they're mediocre except for half their lineup?
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:38 pm

Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Renteria, Sanders is a pretty deadly 3-4-5-6-7 if you ask me. They are without a doubt top 4. It's a close call with them and Houston. Houston has a guy to get on base for their big hitters (Bagwell, Kent, Berkman, Hidalgo, Ensberg) which is Biggio and even Adam Everett at times. Houston may have the slight advantage if Ensberg starts hitting.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:40 pm

WhiteHot wrote:

That's right, a ton of teams are mediocre except half their line-up. Look at the Astros opponents tonight, the Braves. They have Furcal, Giles, Chipper, Drew and Druw, and then players like LaRoche, DeRosa and Johnny Estrada, what do you consider that?

There is a big difference between what the Cards have and what say Atlanta had last year, the Braves of '03 had zero holes in their line-up aside from the pitcher, which is why they were such a deadly offensive team.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 8:44 pm

Pedro wrote:That's right, a ton of teams are mediocre except half their line-up. Look at the Astros opponents tonight, the Braves. They have Furcal, Giles, Chipper, Drew and Druw, and then players like LaRoche, DeRosa and Johnny Estrada, what do you consider that?

i consider that a solid, but weak lineup. they don't have the 1 or 2 superbats that the other teams do. they don't have a pujols... they don't have an arod/giambi.... a manny/nomar etc...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:44 pm

Pedro wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:

That's right, a ton of teams are mediocre except half their line-up. Look at the Astros opponents tonight, the Braves. They have Furcal, Giles, Chipper, Drew and Druw, and then players like LaRoche, DeRosa and Johnny Estrada, what do you consider that?

There is a big difference between what the Cards have and what say Atlanta had last year, the Braves of '03 had zero holes in their line-up aside from the pitcher, which is why they were such a deadly offensive team.

0 holes? Wasn't Robert Fick their 1B?

Anyways they don't have that roster anymore. St. Louis has a great lineup. If you say they don't name, 4 teams that are better.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:49 pm

I never said the Cards had a weak line-up, all I said was that they had holes in their line-up.

I also think you're underrating the Braves offense, don't forget that they have been battling injuries the entire season, Houston's offense is not that much better.

1B - Bagwell > LaRoche/Franco = HOU
2B - Kent = Giles - DRAW
SS - Furcal > Everett = ATL
3B - Lamb/Ensberg > DeRosa
LF - Ensberg = Chipper - DRAW
CF - Biggio < Andruw = ATL
RF - Drew = Hidalgo - DRAW
C - Ausmus < Estrada - ATL

You can debate my comparisons all you want, but like I said, Houston's offense is not that much better.
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 8:51 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:

0 holes? Wasn't Robert Fick their 1B?

Anyways they don't have that roster anymore. St. Louis has a great lineup. If you say they don't name, 4 teams that are better.

4 eh?

Let's see..

Yankees
Red Sox
Astros
Cubs
Phillies

And maybe the Angels.
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sat May 08, 2004 8:53 pm

Pedro wrote:I never said the Cards had a weak line-up, all I said was that they had holes in their line-up.

I also think you're underrating the Braves offense, don't forget that they have been battling injuries the entire season, Houston's offense is not that much better.

2B - Kent = Giles - DRAW

You can debate my comparisons all you want, but like I said, Houston's offense is not that much better.

You forgot some guy named Lance Berkman.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:53 pm

Pedro wrote:I never said the Cards had a weak line-up, all I said was that they had holes in their line-up.

2B - Kent = Giles - DRAW

You aren't taking into consideration the quality of each player, not just who wins each position. For example, Bagwell absolutely DESTROYS someone like Franco while something like Kent-Giles is close.

Also you put Ensberg in left instead of Lance Berkman. There's not a chance in hell Chipper is better than Berkman. Also, I take Hidalgo over JD Drew any day of the week.

In regard to your St. Louis response....well every team has holes. Whether its 1 hole or 9, every team has a weakness in their lineup. Name a team that doesn't.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers