Whose the best sleeper at 2B from here on out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whose the best sleeper at 2B from here on out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whose the best sleeper at 2B from here on out?

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sat May 08, 2004 6:21 pm

Now think really hard. Lets not get some obviuos lets get some really good choices that could still be on the WW.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Sat May 08, 2004 6:38 pm

Well obviously Pokey Reese.... owned in 0.1% of all leagues and he hit 2 homers and drove in 3 runs today. Who said the man didn't have any power ;-D.

I really like Brian Roberts, his speed is amazing and he is probably the best 2nd basemen that could be on the wavier wire. 4 bags in one day... it's defintley possible that he could lead the league in steals someday soon. The only question is if he will continue to get AB's once Baltimores everyday 2b returns. If he keeps playing this way he probably will, of course his avg won't stay up but I hope he stays strong.

Honestly thier aren't ever any good 2b on the wires, I mean if Reyes is dropped pick him up, and in some leagues he has 2nd base eligibility.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 6:48 pm

roberts is a FA in one of my leagues. I've been staring at him for a while now, but I can't bring myself to pick him up. . .

it is annoying. I'd love to pick him up wait a while and then trade him somewhere, but in this public league people don't seem to want to trade.

Please help me with my pickup problem
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sat May 08, 2004 7:06 pm

Pokey Reese MVP wrote:Well obviously Pokey Reese

And that's not biased at all, is it ;-7

I'd say Willie Harris, or if you have a small/stupid league, Brian Roberts.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pedro » Sat May 08, 2004 7:27 pm

Brian Roberts.

roberts is a FA in one of my leagues. I've been staring at him for a while now, but I can't bring myself to pick him up. . .

I was saying the same thing around this time last year about Marcus Giles and boy do I regret it now.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:30 pm

If Roberts is there grab him! Hes 2/5 today with 2 runs and another SB. Oh and matmat, for the love of god pick him up. This guy steals bases left and right, scores an ton of runs and hits a .300 average. He wont give you homers and RBIs, but he'll help you in the other categories.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sat May 08, 2004 7:39 pm

Roberts got drafted in my league. This is a real good 12 team league. Any other really deep sleepers of guys who might come on. I have polanco but he has been horrid and he just got hurt.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:41 pm

Hairston is probably a free agent in your league. He should be coming back soon, and probably both him and Roberts will start. (one will probably DH)
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm

Nope some one his stashed on the DL. Here are some names that are left. W Harris, E Young, Ginter, Jimenez, Bellhourn, Reese, Hudson, Vina, A Miles, Kata. That is pretty much the cream of the crop thats left. Here is my roster if yall are curious

C Ivan Rodrigez
1b Jason Giambi
2b Placido Polaco
3b Mike Lowell
SS Edgar Renterie
OF Sammy Sosa
OF Vladamir Guerero
OF Milton Bradley
Uti Adrian Beltre
Bn J Jones
Bn Jose Guillen
Dl Cliff Floyd

Sp's Peavy, Shmidt, Wolf, Lowe,
RP's Boroski, F Rodrigez, Hawkins, R Lopez, Valverdee
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BostonBK7 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:47 pm

Mr. Smithers wrote:Roberts got drafted in my league. This is a real good 12 team league. Any other really deep sleepers of guys who might come on. I have polanco but he has been horrid and he just got hurt.

Are you serious??? Jeez forget about him. I was very close to dropping him earlier today and this just did it. I'm not dealing with Polanco any longer.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers