Vidro just dropped for belliard?!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vidro just dropped for belliard?!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KPucks » Sat May 08, 2004 6:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:
matmat wrote:
Kegglers wrote:for the time being, Loretta is better. However, Vidro is a stud and should be picked up anyway. post your roster so we can see who you can drop.

Vidro might end up with the Yankees by the all star break.

that would be nice ;-D. Doubt it though... montreal needs prospects to make the team more appealing and the yankees don't really have any to send.

I think Montreal is going to try and shed more payroll prior to the sale of the team. Any Vidro trade is most likely not going to makes sense. Yankees seem like the perfect fit. ;-)

Omar Minaya won't just give away Vidro. The Yankees have nothing to offer in terms of major league ready prospects that would make sense. Vidro will probably be traded, but I don't think it will be to the Yankees.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trippinonreality » Sat May 08, 2004 6:16 pm

he shouldn't even be a free agent in a 6 team league. It amazes me why he gets no love. Drop acevedo before wolf. He's the ace pitcher on what will end up being a very good phillies team.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Postby contrastiktion » Sat May 08, 2004 6:21 pm

i got otsuka to get a Hold yes, i need to score in another cat to win... im probably gonna drop acevendo for the other SD reliever and then sign vidro... we have tons of good sps on my waiver wire
contrastiktion
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 08, 2004 6:39 pm

KPucks wrote:Omar Minaya won't just give away Vidro. The Yankees have nothing to offer in terms of major league ready prospects that would make sense. Vidro will probably be traded, but I don't think it will be to the Yankees.

Omar might not have a choice. This isn't my opinion just what I've read in the newspapers. It has been reported that MLB wants Montreal to shed some more payroll prior to the sale of the team. I don't if this is the truth but it sounds realistic. Vidro is the easiest way for them to do this.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KPucks » Sat May 08, 2004 6:47 pm

Amazinz wrote:
KPucks wrote:Omar Minaya won't just give away Vidro. The Yankees have nothing to offer in terms of major league ready prospects that would make sense. Vidro will probably be traded, but I don't think it will be to the Yankees.

Omar might not have a choice. This isn't my opinion just what I've read in the newspapers. It has been reported that MLB wants Montreal to shed some more payroll prior to the sale of the team. I don't if this is the truth but it sounds realistic. Vidro is the easiest way for them to do this.

I think Omar will try to move Einar Diaz or Livan Hernandez if he has to cut payroll before he would trade Vidro for considerably below market value.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 6:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:Omar might not have a choice. This isn't my opinion just what I've read in the newspapers. It has been reported that MLB wants Montreal to shed some more payroll prior to the sale of the team. I don't if this is the truth but it sounds realistic. Vidro is the easiest way for them to do this.

hmmm... I'd start with everett. Let the young outfield play.
Please help me with my pickup problem
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers