Termel Sledge (and others) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Termel Sledge (and others)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Termel Sledge (and others)

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 3:48 pm

I'm in a deep 5x5 roto league and I need a regularly starting outfielder I searched for info on this guy, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for at the cafe

1) does anyone have a link to Termel's minor league numbers or know what he did while in the minors?

2) other OF available are Delucci, S. Spencer, R. Johnson, Ju Rivera, M Tucker... who would be your choice?

3) are you aware of any situations where someone might get regular PT in the outfield soon (within a couple of weeks)?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Sat May 08, 2004 4:25 pm

might want to check out Ryan Freel, E Byrnes maybe if he's available is a real nice option, he's been playing every day.

I would def take a chance on Sledge, dont know his minor league #'s but he is a top prospect & is starting to come around
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 08, 2004 4:27 pm

Here are Terrmel's minor league stats:

http://www.sports-wired.com/players/pro ... ?Name=HAFA
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 4:49 pm

thanks for the link... so he was a .300 career hitter in the minors... hmmm... any ideas how that usually carries over to the majors?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 08, 2004 4:51 pm

If you buy into Sabremetrics and Bill James' theories then minor league statistics are normally a good indication of success at the major league level.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 4:54 pm

one last question, I guess... what's his projection on AB... is he actually going to be starting the whole year or only until Johnson comes back... any clue?
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jbones733 » Sat May 08, 2004 5:33 pm

right now he sits vs lefties . He should continue to see time this year, I know Everett is coming back but i would thnk Sledge will get his fair share of ab's
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby matmat » Sat May 08, 2004 5:57 pm

jbones733 wrote:right now he sits vs lefties . He should continue to see time this year, I know Everett is coming back but i would thnk Sledge will get his fair share of ab's

think he'll get 400AB?
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Sledge

Postby SadExpofan » Sat May 08, 2004 6:07 pm

Sledge will be platooning with Rivera at LF when Everett will be back. So we can expect Sledge playing against righties and Rivera against lefties...

When Nick Johnson will be back (if he will ever come back), there would be one spot for Sledge,Rivera,Chavez ....
SadExpofan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun May 09, 2004 12:24 am

I picked him up the other day ,,,,,I dont see him getting 400 ab's no.....300 possibly but not much more than that......UNLESS N.Johnson or Everett stay out considerably longer than expected OR he keeps tearing it up like he is now making it impossible for them to bench him.

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers