Experienced managers only please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Experienced managers only please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Experienced managers only please

Postby pbeall100281 » Fri May 07, 2004 9:44 pm

I play in a hyper-competitive league with friends. The scoring is hard to figure out and is the key to the league. It is H2H with WEEKLEY roster changes. I have included my own opinions on each of my players. Any thoughful response is greatly appriciated.
---I feel I have a wealth of fantasy knowledge to offer and would enjoy taking as an in-depth a look at your own teams as you do into mine.--

8- teams, 22 players per team, 2 DL spots.

Scoring:
R H 2B 3B HR RBI SH SB BB K FPCT AVG OPS

Players:
C J. Estrada (Atl - C) - New guy with good potential, I will pick up Lieberthal, if he ever puts it together this year.

1B T. Helton (Col - 1B) - no comment needed

2B J. Kent (Hou - 2B) - Will hit fewer HRs but will be fine

3B H. Blalock (Tex - 3B) - Loven' him. I expect about the same from Hank all year. A truely great baseball player in the making.

SS --empty-- Streaming Uribe/Guillen/Wilson until Nomar gets back. Any other streamers I should know about? Womack is taken.

OF B. Giles (SD - LF,CF,RF) - Getting back on track, SD will hit
more HRs as it gets hotter. I put him up there with the top 10 outfielders.

OF A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,LF) - I expect him to produce at current power level, but average to level off at about .285(!) due to the hot start.

OF K. Griffey Jr. (Cin - CF) - will be as hot as the hottest, cold as the coldest

Util S. Podsednik (Mil - CF) - runs, hits SB guy. Solid MLB player.

BN P. Burrell (Phi - LF) - Absolutely awesome in May, historically.
BN M. Cabrera (Fla - 3B,LF,RF) - one streaky Mo' Fo'
BN G. AndersonDL (Ana - LF,DH) - basically done IMO, I need to deal him soon, but for who?
BN V. Castilla (Col - 3B)- just look at what he did when he played in Col before, trade bait?
BN S. Finley (Ari - CF) - one streaky Mo' Fo'

DL N. GarciaparraDL (Bos - SS) - will hit .315 with less power/SB

My starting pitching is so solid at this point that I won't be trading any of it except maybe for J. Peavy but, he doesn't get respect from the other managers. I want to deal Dotel.

APP GS IP W L CG SHO SV K HLD TB ERA WHIP

SP C. Schilling (Bos - SP) God
SP R. Johnson (Ari - SP) tell me he won't get hurt
SP G. Maddux (ChC - SP) will be just fine in warm weather
SP B. Webb (Ari - SP) my boy
RP O. Dotel (Hou - RP) I want to trade for a RP who will get more
saves vs. closing blowouts
RP A. Benítez (Fla - RP) In the perfect situation for 50+/- saves
P C. Zambrano (ChC - SP) what up playa

BN J. Peavy (SD - SP) putting it together; will finish year top 20
DL M. PriorDL (ChC - SP) SPPBenchDL June 3rd? YES!!!
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pbeall100281 » Sat May 08, 2004 12:04 am

Little too big a chunk for any of you to bite off? I figured.
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hazesj » Sat May 08, 2004 1:21 am

we have almost the same team, I think ur teams good, honest there isnt much too say because ur team is that good. great everything u look like you have all the elements to be in first if u arent already

check my thread, sick hitters shit pitchers,, thanks alot
Hazesj
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Sat May 08, 2004 5:59 am

To be honest, I can't see you winning with those starters you have. You've got a nice bench, I would suggest trading for an upgrade on your starters. I wouldn't trade Dotel unless you get good value for him either. He is lights out, the save ops will come.

And what kind of league counts sac bunts? 8-o
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat May 08, 2004 11:33 am

Trade RJ before he gets hurt! Try to get Hudson or Mulder if you are lucky. Dotel always starts out slow, he should be fine I think.

Yes, Castilla is trade bait, as I think Kent is. I think you have Brian Giles overrated as a top 10 OF, maybe a top 20 in my opinion.

Blalock is the man, and just getting better it seems. Hold on at SS until Nomah gets back. Maybe consider Cintron at SS, he's struggling but might come around, just ride the hot hand at the moment. Dont forget Willie Harris also.

You'll be lucky to get .250 out of Dunn avg wise. Griffey doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy as everyone knows, but that last game was a nice teaser, eh? Dont know what you would get for him, maybe he'll get hot for a month and you could move him then. Someone would want Junior.

I like Burrell a lot. I think Garrett's problem is a herniated disk, hearing the reports I just went through something similar and thats what it turned out to be. He might be able to put up his numbers or he might not. I dont know what you'd get for him at this point though. Maybe package Cabrera and Finley for a stud.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pbeall100281 » Sat May 08, 2004 3:10 pm

Pedantic wrote:To be honest, I can't see you winning with those starters you have. You've got a nice bench, I would suggest trading for an upgrade on your starters. I wouldn't trade Dotel unless you get good value for him either. He is lights out, the save ops will come.

And what kind of league counts sac bunts? 8-o

You don't think that staff is solid? Well let's get one thing straight Unit ain't, yes ain't, goin' down any time soon. How many pitchers can you remember going down to a knee injury? Call it a hunch or what you want but buying low for the Unit is the type of move I see leading to a 1st place finish. You must be a Cards fan...look at Maddux's splits and see how the era declinces to almost nothing as the season goes on (temp up = era down), even last year...Zambrano is as good as anyone on the A's, minus Hudson, and was the one SP not overworked by dusty last year...peavy is the man in the making...webb is the man...and I hope I don't even have to mention the best pitcher in baseball(admittidly arguable)

The save ops will not come for dotel like they will for hoffman and benitez...the lead has to be 3 runs or less...the 'stros offense is so potent that many wins will be by more than that and/or they will be coming back late in games which does not bode well for saves for the normal closer. Look at the poor hitting, good deep-game starting pitching and pitchers ballpark LA Dodgers of last year and see the equation for mad saves. Hoffman and Benitez are in it, Dotel and Foulke are out of it.

A league that tries to account for everything a baseball player does count Sac Hits. (sac flys give you the rbi)
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kenjinenjin » Sat May 08, 2004 3:44 pm

good team, hitting is weak considering that it's an 8 team league. in the end i think it all comes down to managing your roster. your outfielders are all not must starts, so if you make the right roster adjustments every week you could have a 1st place team. if you play the wrong guy you could be in for a long season. and on dotel, i dont think you should trade him. he should have 40+ saves, and even if he gets less saves than some other closer that u could deal for, dotel will help out your other pitching categories.
kenjinenjin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team