Michael Young, sell high? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Young, sell high?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 09, 2004 4:12 pm

fastanfurious725 wrote:guccibaseballs im following ur lead im done with this thread. at the end of the season ill post back and we'll see who was better. thank you cubsfan for showing that besides last year jeters average HAS steadily declined. for whosever interested, this is the link to my league ---> http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/347642 . my team is named #1. as you can see, im 10 points away from a perfect score. i dont have much competition but im still in first.

wow , that is a very bad league. You made some sleeper picks like Tex and Penny. Although, they might've gone undrafted, after all how many rounds did Rolen ang Giles last

I disagree with your picks of Gagne and Foulke. Not so much on abilities, but you could've have selected each 1 if not 2 rounds later.

I would like to hear why you took Gagne #4 and Foulke in the second. If you get a chance i would like to hear your theory.
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:24 pm

what were you thinking when you dropped Tex for matt freakin' Lawton? and how did guerrero go in the 3rd round!! oh rohan, 0-4 isnt a slump, so your pujols thing was stupid.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 09, 2004 4:25 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:what were you thinking when you dropped Tex for matt freakin' Lawton? and how did guerrero go in the 3rd round!! oh rohan, 0-4 isnt a slump, so your pujols thing was stupid.

He was making a reference to how fickle you guys are being about Michael Young's streak :-?
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fastanfurious725 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:32 pm

my first 3 or 4 rounds were chosen by the autodraft because i didnt get onto the live draft early enough. id say i picked the rest of my team pretty well though. should have drafted beckett i waited a tad to long. i dropped tex for matt lawton because someone said he wanted lawton. as soon as i trade him away im picking up teixeira.

and micheal youngs "streak" hasnt been just 4-4...
fastanfurious725
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:35 pm

wow micheal young hasnt gotten a hit yet. Everyone off the badwagon! (to play off the Matt Riley thread :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 09, 2004 4:37 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:wow micheal young hasnt gotten a hit yet. Everyone off the badwagon! (to play off the Matt Riley thread :-D

let the slump begin :*)
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Sun May 09, 2004 4:39 pm

Well just like with every player, you sell at their peak value. So if you can get top dollar for Young, go for it (not sure if that's been said, but I hate reading 5 pages about a player whose on a hot streak).

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fastanfurious725 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:39 pm

lol hes going to hit a jeteresque .182 the rest of the year im trading him now...

hey i already have my league posted in this thread. can someone take a look and see who i could trade micheal young for to improve my team? basically the only people in my league who reply to trades are the ones who have made roster moves. thanks for the help.
Last edited by fastanfurious725 on Sun May 09, 2004 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastanfurious725
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 09, 2004 4:47 pm

LBJackal wrote:Well just like with every player, you sell at their peak value. So if you can get top dollar for Young, go for it (not sure if that's been said, but I hate reading 5 pages about a player whose on a hot streak).

the question was i traded him for Jeter, and thought i did great. Lol, Jackal will probably think it was bad b/c erboes agreed with it.
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Sun May 09, 2004 5:30 pm

Erboes likes Jeter. Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-7

But I guess in the long-run it could turn out to be a good deal. Jeter's lack of defensive ability is now known, but since it won't affect his playing time, it's irrelevent. He'll hit for a good BA (well, he should) and if/when he does come around with the bat, he'll score a lot of runs. I don't know about SB's though. 15 is my guess. He won't get many RBI or HR either.

If Young continues to bat around .300 from here on out and if he steals as often as Jeter, this trade might turn out to be a wash. But history suggests Jeter will finish better than Young in BA and R - HR, RBI, and SB's are another story though. The stats at the end of the season might and probably will show Young to have a better year overall, but the stats from here on out are what counts. A lot of Young's value is already accounted for.

Since Young qualifies as a 2B, I might even say their values are about the same from here on out.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers