Michael Young, sell high? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Young, sell high?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fastanfurious725 » Sun May 09, 2004 8:58 am

which statistics?

btw, young went 3 for 7 with 2 runs and 3 RBI. meanwhile, jeter went 0 for 4 with a walk...
fastanfurious725
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby trippinonreality » Sun May 09, 2004 11:03 am

I'd say his avg will be somewhere around .300 with .290 being more realistic. April does tend to be his weakest month although no where near this weak and he does have a lifetime .325 avg after the all star break. My question is who cares whether he will bat .290 or .310 for him to hit any of those numbers he's going to have to hit alot of balls to compensate for his start making him a pretty good pickup right now. If I could guarantee my shortstop would have .310+ for the rest of the year I would be ecstatic especially being in that lineup. The only problem is I don't like Jeter so I'll leave him for the next man.

BTW he is only the third most overrated player in fantasy baseball the 1st being just about every top tier closer, 2nd being ichiro.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spokes » Sun May 09, 2004 11:08 am

I WANT to sell high on Young but...man, when is this gonna "hot streak" gonna end? I mean, I wanna get everything I can out of this. So, yeah, I want to sell high, but until Young has 2 games in a row where he doesn't get 2 hits or an RBI, I am offering no deals with him in them.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fastanfurious725 » Sun May 09, 2004 2:28 pm

when jeter hits .290-.300 year come back and revive this thread. right now its not close, young is well over and above what jeter is. jeters avg. is getting worse each year (last year was an exception). based on his slow start, i dont see any way he can hit .350+ the rest of the year to get his avg back up to .300.

btw- harold reynolds said a few nights ago he believed that jeters shoulder was "less than 100%". my 2 cents.
fastanfurious725
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 09, 2004 2:34 pm

fastanfurious725 wrote:when jeter hits .290-.300 year come back and revive this thread. right now its not close, young is well over and above what jeter is. jeters avg. is getting worse each year (last year was an exception). based on his slow start, i dont see any way he can hit .350+ the rest of the year to get his avg back up to .300.

btw- harold reynolds said a few nights ago he believed that jeters shoulder was "less than 100%". my 2 cents.

I'm not even going to bother with this thread anymore.

I come out here with career statistics trying to prove Jeter will rebound. And the only proof people have that Young will be better than Jeter is 5 weeks of the season, false accusations of Jeter being injured and calling me biased.

It really doesn't matter how many stats I show you guys, Young has hypnotized you by a hot start. BTW It is really hard to believe someone's avg is in a decline when they hit 324 last year. That is flawed logic.
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby facts » Sun May 09, 2004 2:48 pm

Jeter for Young is a fair trade for both parties.

The team getting Jeter is relying on the laws of averages, and the fact that stats tend to approach previous years stats. So the trade makes sense, Jeter should approach his previous numbers.

The team getting Young is getting a player on a hot streak, they're taking a gamble and saying that A. the streak continues B. young gets numbers as good as Jeter's. The former most likely won't happen, but the latter is very possible.
facts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun May 09, 2004 2:53 pm

You want a declining average? Here you go
1999 .349
2000 .339
2001 .311
2002 .297
2003 .324
2004 .177 so far
Except for a break in a trend in 2003, his average has steadily declined.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rohan » Sun May 09, 2004 3:16 pm

fastanfurious725 wrote:which statistics?

btw, young went 3 for 7 with 2 runs and 3 RBI. meanwhile, jeter went 0 for 4 with a walk...

I'm the person who started this post and since then I've traded Young and Mantei for Foulke. I think Young will replicate his stats last season, maybe a few more runs.

Hey, Pujols went 0-4 last night, Micheal Young must be a better player... Give me a break. I bet your in the bottom half of your league
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fastanfurious725 » Sun May 09, 2004 3:39 pm

guccibaseballs im following ur lead im done with this thread. at the end of the season ill post back and we'll see who was better. thank you cubsfan for showing that besides last year jeters average HAS steadily declined. for whosever interested, this is the link to my league ---> http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/347642 . my team is named #1. as you can see, im 10 points away from a perfect score. i dont have much competition but im still in first.
fastanfurious725
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GucciBaseballs » Sun May 09, 2004 4:08 pm

Rohan wrote:
fastanfurious725 wrote:which statistics?

I'm the person who started this post and since then I've traded Young and Mantei for Foulke. I think Young will replicate his stats last season, maybe a few more runs.

Hey, Pujols went 0-4 last night, Micheal Young must be a better player... Give me a break. I bet your in the bottom half of your league

finally somebody sees the light :-D
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers