Michael Young, sell high? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Young, sell high?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:47 pm

If someone took Posada in the 2nd round, they should be smacked. They are better players you could take in that round. Also wasnt last year Youngs first full season? So your averages with him and Jeter are sort of flawed. Of course Gucci you like Jeter, since you look like a Yankees fan :-D .
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rohan » Fri May 07, 2004 9:24 pm

Nice sense of humor shortround
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Fri May 07, 2004 9:35 pm

Thanks man you to. ;-D lol
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby osb » Fri May 07, 2004 9:48 pm

personally, i think this is the highest youngs value is going to be this year and while i do think he'll be solid, there's no way he keeps this up... posada is the best catcher out there and if you have a chance to land him for a streaking player you should do so...

no, not THAT kind of streaking player...
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:03 pm

Yeah a lot of people seem to think that, practically everybody, and once they see that he's going to keep hitting everyone is going to change their mind and Young's value will go up, in my opinion.
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GucciBaseballs » Fri May 07, 2004 10:21 pm

shortround_phat2008 wrote:Yeah a lot of people seem to think that, practically everybody, and once they see that he's going to keep hitting everyone is going to change their mind and Young's value will go up, in my opinion.

show me something that will prove he will keep hitting like this. The best defense anyone has provided for Young over Jeter is that I am biased as a yankees fan. Meanwhile I provide statiscal analysis on both players, objectively. And don't tell me I'm biased, in fantasy baseball they are both just sets off numbers to me. And to whoever said my stats don't mean much for Young since he has only been in the majors 1 year, why don't you at least check because he has had 2 full seasons.
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:23 pm

Wow, I said I thought maybe last year was his first full season, didnt bother to check it. Sorry. God people from New York are jerks :-D j/k
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GucciBaseballs » Fri May 07, 2004 10:26 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Wow, I said I thought maybe last year was his first full season, didnt bother to check it. Sorry. God people from New York are jerks :-D j/k

That may be one true stereotype :-D Just a little heated after a post a long thread with stats and people attack my post with biases and false info...Sorry if i was too obnoxious B-)
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:30 pm

i may be a little biased too since Im a yankee and a jeter hater :-D . Dont forget Micheal Young his hitting that golden age for hitters, 27. Dual posistion eligibility is awesome too.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GucciBaseballs » Fri May 07, 2004 10:34 pm

personally i don't believe in the "golden hitter age." Maybe you can prove it to me, but I really think it is just a theory that became the normal train of thought. I have not seen conclusive evidence and until I do, I will not believe it. (Bonds is better now than at 27 right?)

Even if it is true, Jeter would still be in his prime at 29 right?
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers