Michael Young, sell high? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Young, sell high?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Michael Young, sell high?

Postby Rohan » Fri May 07, 2004 8:16 pm

Michael has been on a tear the start of this year. Last year he did the same thing had a great first half. He batted, I believe, .275 in the second half. he could score a heck of a lot of runs...
Could these stats be reached.. .310 20hrs, 95 rbis, 125 runs 20 sb?? what's obtainable for Young?

Someone in my league offered me Posada. Wondering if I should take it. I have Lieberthal, we can start (2) cathers in our league.
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jpbusta » Fri May 07, 2004 8:18 pm

and he just went yard for the 6th time. Damn I love this guy! ;-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jbones733 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:19 pm

notch him up a slot higher, led of the game w a jack , as jp previiously reported ;-)
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Spokes » Fri May 07, 2004 8:20 pm

Here's an earlier thread on the same topic:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 047#388047
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Fri May 07, 2004 8:21 pm

Depends how high, he is slowly making me a believer and has great guys to bat him in behind him. Hold with care. ;-D :-D

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LCBOY » Fri May 07, 2004 8:23 pm

I would keep him for now. His 2B/SS eligibility makes him even more valuable...
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GucciBaseballs » Fri May 07, 2004 8:23 pm

I'll repeat what i said in the other thread. People thought i was crazy to trade him for jeter even though i feel i made out well.
You guys don't seem to understand the concept of buy low sell high.

Young's fast start and Jeter's slump have deceiced you guys.

At best Young will go 20-20 with a 305 avg this year. And i repeat at best. Jeter's career averages are 17 hrs, 24 sb, 314 avg, 81 RBI and 122 runs.

Jeter will probably hit 20+ hrs this year. Young may hit more but I would say whoever has the advantage here it is only slight. Sb definetly go to Jeter this year. He average almost 25 per year, and it is unlikely Young who has never had more than 13 surpasses 20 this year. Additionally,Jeter's career SB percentage is 79%, 10% hgiher than Young. Young's career average is 286 and Jeter's is 317. I don't really think there is too much argument here. Maybe Young's avg does spike 10 points this year, but Jeter's probably will too because of yankee lineup. RBI's is hard to predict but Jeter has averaged 11 more per season in his career than Young. Jeter bats 2nd not first which should present more RBI oppurtunity. Additionally, even if Texas keeps this hitting up the Yankees offense is better which makes for more oppurtunites. And Jeter has averaged 122 runs his career. He has a clear advantage here over Young. And this year A-rod, Giambi and Sheff are behind him, I would say he has a good chance to get knocked in when he gets on base.

Basically, for Young to get at a level anywhere near where Jeter has been consistently playing he would need spikes in nearly every category. Maybe he does have a breakthrough or career year, but at best this only puts him near where Jeter performs every year. Plus, if Jeter has a great year which is highly likely because he wants to prove he is the Yankee SS, or because of the bats behind him then there is no way Young will come anywhere near Jeter. 25-25 with a 315 avg, 120 runs and 75 rbis is not out of the question for Jeter. For Young to achieve that he would to almost double his career avg SB and HR total.

You will probably say that I am going too much on past career, but what are the chances based on the past that Young spikes in every category and outperforms Jeter? I don't know about you but I will take the 14 years of Jeter and Youngs combined careers than 1 month of the 2004 campaign.
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rohan » Fri May 07, 2004 8:33 pm

And the funny thing is, I have Derek Jeter. I also have 3 other eligable 2bs on my roster.. It's not like Young is going to hit 30+ homers.. I say he caps out at about 22..

SS and 2B eligible, that's nice, but for Pasada??? wasn't he a second round pick?
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Top Dog » Fri May 07, 2004 8:39 pm

Rohan wrote:And the funny thing is, I have Derek Jeter. I also have 3 other eligable 2bs on my roster.. It's not like Young is going to hit 30+ homers.. I say he caps out at about 22..

SS and 2B eligible, that's nice, but for Pasada??? wasn't he a second round pick?

Well if that's the case I wouldn't even think twice about grabbing Posada! ;-D
Top Dog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:44 pm

Yeah don't grab Posada, Young will by far have a better year than Posada and you never know he might even have more homers than Posada, I love it! ;-D
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers