Possible closers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Possible closers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Possible closers?

Postby Surfs up » Fri May 07, 2004 8:03 pm

Anybody going to take a flyer on Nate Field, Frasor and Mercir? I am going to try to get all three.What the hell. Worth a buck a piece to see what happens.
How about Ryan Madson? Think he has a shot soon of breaking the Phillies rotation?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhiteHot » Fri May 07, 2004 8:14 pm

Madson has a definite shot at beating out Myers for the #5 spot. Madson's stats are pretty sick so far.

As far as Mercir, I think thats a lost cause. Only reason he closed was because Rhodes pitched 39 or so pitches last game. I have no idea about the other two.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby marinerfan » Fri May 07, 2004 8:16 pm

I picked up Frasnor for a day and then I waived him for John Thompson (when he cleared waivers). All signs point to Terry Adams being the closer, but if you see Frasnor pick up another save or see Adams struggling pick up Fransor if you are desperate.

Field I would keep my eye on too.

I'm not a big fan of picking up potential closers, but if you are the type that actively check game results then I would wait until you are given a real reason to pick these guys up.
marinerfan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Surfs up » Fri May 07, 2004 9:04 pm

bump
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby marinerfan » Fri May 07, 2004 9:56 pm

FYI McDougal has looked awful and just blew the save. Those with an open spot may want to pick up Field.
marinerfan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat May 08, 2004 12:29 am

Out of that list...Field might be worth a shot in the closer role....but don't expect much out of him... :-/

Madson on the other hand...is good as a MR....solid ratio numbers...a good number of wins...and a chance at moving in the SP role...he would be my choice... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thehat » Sat May 08, 2004 3:45 am

Field may get a legit shot the way the rest of the KC pen is going. Guys has an alarming HR ratio (not so far this year, though), but he also throws 95 and has a nice slider.

Agree that Madson is worth a grab, has a chance to be an okay pitcher. But will also be a candidate to wear down later. Needs to add some weight!! So he could be a great guy to trade if he gets off quickly after replacing Myers, which seems inevitable.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby trac02 » Sat May 08, 2004 5:41 am

See other post on MacDougal...looks like Field will get his opportunity immediately. Can't tell from Pena's statement whether it will be a temporary or possibly permanent move.
trac02
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d18Mike » Sat May 08, 2004 9:50 am

Keep a sharp eye on Jose Jimenez in CLE. Just off the DL pitched his first game yesterday (did well). Remember. This guy had 41 S in COL two years ago -- and CLE is about out of options.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers