What is wrong with my team?? Rate it... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What is wrong with my team?? Rate it...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is wrong with my team?? Rate it...

Postby CorySnyder » Fri May 07, 2004 6:19 pm

12 team H2H league 5x5 Keeper (3 per year)

C- Estrada 1B- Delgado 2B- M Young SS- Tejada 3B - Hinske
OF - Pujols C Lee R Sanders Util- Crawford
Bench - Burroughs, M Bradley

SP- Pedro Wood Clement Livan K Wells
CP - Borowski Valverde

Bench - Prior, Ponson, B Kim, Julio, J Acevedo

WHAT HAS GONE WRONG? I know Priors down but my ptiching has been fairly good and Delgado and Pujols have got to pick it up. Im the defending champ and currently in last place and 17 games back. What can I do? Can I come back? Its been some horrible luck to this point
CorySnyder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

you gotta make some deal

Postby edr4225 » Fri May 07, 2004 6:28 pm

well i know that you probably like your pitching but you gonna have to trade soem of them for some hitting. keep C- Estrada 1B- Delgado 2B- M Young SS- Tejada, but 3B - Hinske has to go. i dont think that he is gonna have a good year. keep mr OF - Pujols because he is gonna heat up during the summer months. trade C Lee and R Sanders, both of these guys are inconsistent fantasy players and sometimes have hot streaks. i suggest trading them away using wood and ponson to get some better outfielders. Util- Crawford is a good player and will have a fine season. your Bench seems ok with M Bradley, but im not sure about burroughs, he has yet to prove that he can be a consistent player in the majors, try to get jose guillen if you can. well i hope this helps you out, your pitching is good, therefore you need to use some of as bait to get better hitters. have a good day

SP- Pedro Wood Clement Livan K Wells
CP - Borowski Valverde

Bench - Prior, Ponson, B Kim, Julio, J Acevedo
Go Chicago Cubs
edr4225
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Sat May 08, 2004 6:14 am

Your starting pitching looks strong enough to be able to take the loss of a top pitcher, so I would trade one of your aces for some hitting help, perhaps a 3B or OF.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat May 08, 2004 11:21 am

I like Hinske, but you can definetly upgrade at 3B. I would hold onto Carlos Lee, but trade Sanders. Your Pitching staff is fine, especially when Prior gets back. maybe you can package Ponson and Sanders for a better OF. But with Pujols, Lee, and Crawford you aren't looking bad there.

Your team should come around even without any deals I would think.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

thx

Postby CorySnyder » Sat May 08, 2004 10:00 pm

thank you immensily for all your comments. I have been really frustrated with the players you all mentioned. Hinske has been a dud but had a decent week this week. Sanders and Lee have a combined 4 hits this week and have got to go. Id like to ship Ponson or Livan but no ones biting due to everyone keeping players for next year. Wood Prior Pujols are my keepers and pitching is at a premium cause everyone has at least kept 2 stud pitchers.
CorySnyder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team