Beltran or Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran or Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronsonPinchot » Fri May 07, 2004 7:28 pm

Unless you already have steals, Beltran over Pujols.
BronsonPinchot Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Fri May 07, 2004 9:55 pm

BGbootha wrote:Steals are more a commodity than most see (IMO) I like Beltran a little better simply on that fact. I will take 5 cats over great power most of the time.

And yes, in a keeper or Dynasty i would take Beltran even more over, with his contract coming to an end and all.

I'd just point out that in March we wouldn't even be having this debate. Everybody in the world had Arod #1 and Pujols #2 and lots of guys wanted to get a top pick to get one of those guys. We're barely a month into the season and people are discussing Beltran as an equal, if not better player than Pujols. Wow.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Fri May 07, 2004 11:35 pm

mtarail wrote:
BGbootha wrote:Steals are more a commodity than most see (IMO) I like Beltran a little better simply on that fact. I will take 5 cats over great power most of the time.

And yes, in a keeper or Dynasty i would take Beltran even more over, with his contract coming to an end and all.

I'd just point out that in March we wouldn't even be having this debate. Everybody in the world had Arod #1 and Pujols #2 and lots of guys wanted to get a top pick to get one of those guys. We're barely a month into the season and people are discussing Beltran as an equal, if not better player than Pujols. Wow.

Id have to say even in march everyone had beltran in the top 5 wouldnt you say? So is it really that big of a surprise that this debate is being raised???

btw,,,,,,i just saw that you say this is an 8 team keeper league, and obviously it is a MIXED keeper league.....in THAT case i would not say you can relax in the steals category with just Pods....in a deep league sure you can do that,,,,but 8 team mixed league? Seems to me you need to have at least two decent thiefs just to be middle of the pack but maybe i am wrong....anyone else think so?

INKcogKNEEdough
Last edited by INKcogKNEEdough on Fri May 07, 2004 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 07, 2004 11:38 pm

Not a surprise really. Beltran went first quite a bit in Sportsline and ESPN leagues. Granted not near the % of the big 3 but enough to warrant the discussion.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Fri May 07, 2004 11:53 pm

maloze wrote:im lucky i have both beltran and pujols in my cbs league. ;-D

that sounds lucky and very nice to have both I hope for your sake though that you got one of them via a trade or you are in a really small league. Otherwise it doesn't speak very well for the league you are in in my opinion. Under no circumstances that i can think of can i think of a way BOTH should end up on the same team in the draft(whether picking 1 and 20 or 10 and 11).

just my opinion,,,

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mtarail » Sat May 08, 2004 2:49 am

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:
mtarail wrote:

Id have to say even in march everyone had beltran in the top 5 wouldnt you say? So is it really that big of a surprise that this debate is being raised???

btw,,,,,,i just saw that you say this is an 8 team keeper league, and obviously it is a MIXED keeper league.....in THAT case i would not say you can relax in the steals category with just Pods....in a deep league sure you can do that,,,,but 8 team mixed league? Seems to me you need to have at least two decent thiefs just to be middle of the pack but maybe i am wrong....anyone else think so?

INKcogKNEEdough

My point was that 4 out of 5 people on this site would have told you that Pujols and Arod were head and shoulders above everyone else. Now Beltran is considered an equal. Also, quite a few people didn't have Beltran in the top 5. I drafted in 5 pretty competitive leagues and Beltran went top 5 in only 2 of them--and I picked him in one of those leagues. ;-D
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Sat May 08, 2004 2:58 am

Beltran was my choice before the season started, and he still is. Obviously, I like Pujols a ton as well, but one for one, Beltran is my choice.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby mtarail » Sat May 08, 2004 3:04 am

I had Pujols ranked above Beltran and as much as I like Beltran if I was drafting again today I'd still pick Pujols before Beltran. But they both look like they'll have great years.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers