Man Killed After Cub Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Man Killed After Cub Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 11:10 pm

OMG I never said that being drunk was his reason. I was talking about self defense, since the guy got cracked in the head by a baseball bat.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri May 07, 2004 11:14 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:I just said he may have a reason in the court of law for blowing him away.


Being drunk is not a reason or a defence in law.

What exactly is your point?


Just to come to my Cubbies friends defense....CubsFan never said that being drunk was a defense....actually he/she said...

CubsFan7724 wrote:They were probably drunk anyways.


nothing about it being a defense...both were accused of that... :-?

what was said is the passenger may have a defense....since the driver was being attacked....Is it a justifiable defense...only the courts can say.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Big Sexy » Fri May 07, 2004 11:55 pm

It's no doubt a tragedy and should not have happened. But I've been shot at for less.
"Live well, this is not a rehersal"
Big Sexy
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 264
Joined: 2 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetongueofire » Sat May 08, 2004 12:21 am

im gonna sound like Miss Hawaii in a Miss America pegeant but only if people were more sensible and less volatile.....

a tragedy no doubt... RIP.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3622
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Sat May 08, 2004 1:38 am

Wait a second here. This is exactly what was said.

CubsFan7724 wrote:Remember the part were i said they were probably both drunk? Also i didnt say capping the guy was right, I just said he may have a reason in the court of law for blowing him away.


Being drunk is not a reason, a defense, or an excuse in a court of law. Except for some states that say that if you're so intoxicated that you didn't consciously know what you're doing you can make that defense.

And the killer can't claim self-defense because it was the driver who was being attacked. (If the article is correct.) The killer is looking at some time...
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2433
Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the 3B line stands at TEP

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat May 08, 2004 3:46 am

mtarail wrote:Wait a second here. This is exactly what was said.

CubsFan7724 wrote:Remember the part were i said they were probably both drunk? Also i didnt say capping the guy was right, I just said he may have a reason in the court of law for blowing him away.


Being drunk is not a reason, a defense, or an excuse in a court of law.


CubsFan did not make that claim...all he said were both might be drunk... :-)
mtarail wrote: And the killer can't claim self-defense because it was the driver who was being attacked. (If the article is correct.) The killer is looking at some time...


not self-defense...but the defense of another life is defendible in some state courts....as I said...this is something the will have to be decided in the courts.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby daveblotto » Sat May 08, 2004 3:49 am

I was actually AT that game yesterday, and was RIGHT around there but missed that action. Unreal!! Chicago is a VERY freindly city, but people in all cities act like MORONS From time to time. I'm glad I wasn't on that corner RIGHT then.
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1049
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 3 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KULCAT » Sat May 08, 2004 5:50 am

Why are we defending Cubs fan? isnt he the same idiot he have us all crap when were greeting Pedantic and Die hard? Short memories guys, give him hell!! :-D
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 1814
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Panama mi bella Panama

Postby daveblotto » Sat May 08, 2004 9:46 am

Oh also, FOR the record, the man killed was actually a SOX fan. That's not a joke. They said it on the news here.
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1049
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 3 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby G-Man » Sat May 08, 2004 10:08 am

as bad as it sounds, it's amazing that stupid s*** like this doesn't happen more often if you think about it. all it takes is one knucklehead.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1215
Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Baltimore

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessield4, wingman3110 and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact