Man Killed After Cub Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Man Killed After Cub Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Sexy » Fri May 07, 2004 8:53 pm

Chicago is very friendly. But just like any other city, when you hit someone in the head with a bat, you should expect some kind of response. Granted, in most cities that does'nt mean having the guy in the passenger seat shoot you, but hey, you never know. I was at the game today and it was too damn cold to shoot, fight, argue, whatever. And it was too cold for the Rockies to hit!!! Go Cubbies!!!
"Live well, this is not a rehersal"
Big Sexy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Sexy » Fri May 07, 2004 8:55 pm

...And what's up with acsguitar? He must be a White Sox fan.
"Live well, this is not a rehersal"
Big Sexy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mtarail » Fri May 07, 2004 9:36 pm

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:I obviously dont know the whole story but i would say the guy that shot him has a legitimate shot at walking on this too..... i can already hear it....."he hit my friend with a bat, i feared for his life,,,,i shot him".....and truthfully it is not all that far fetched.

INKcogKNEEdough

It was a mini-bat! I'm not defending the victims actions in provoking these guys, but it was a mini bat. It'll depend a lot about what facts come out and we find out exactly what happened. But there's no state that accepts the argument that you can use deadly force to defend yourelf against what obviously was non-deadly force unless you legitimately fear that your OWN life is in danger.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Fri May 07, 2004 10:13 pm

how stupid... never get out of your car...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:16 pm

a wooden blunt object is a wooden blunt object. Just because its "mini" doesnt mean it doesnt hurt like hell. It wont hurt like a real bat or worse, a titanium/aluminum bat, but it'd be painful. They were probably drunk anyways.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Fri May 07, 2004 10:30 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:a wooden blunt object is a wooden blunt object. Just because its "mini" doesnt mean it doesnt hurt like hell. It wont hurt like a real bat or worse, a titanium/aluminum bat, but it'd be painful. They were probably drunk anyways.

The law is: you can't use deadly force to defend yourself from non-deadly force. It's meant to deter jackasses from pulling a gun and killing a person every time he gets hit hard. The victim obviously provoked these guys but he didn't deserve to die. A real man could just get out of the car and fight some the guy with a mini-bat. (I'm assuming you've seen a mini-bat. They're mayb 2 or 3x bigger than a wooden stirring spoon, at the most. There's no need to shoot the guy.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:32 pm

Remember the part were i said they were probably both drunk? Also i didnt say capping the guy was right, I just said he may have a reason in the court of law for blowing him away.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Fri May 07, 2004 10:35 pm

Being drunk doesn't gives you a defense unless you're so drunk that you don't know what you're doing. The fact that this guy obviously was trying to "defend" his buddy shows that he did know what he was doing. He just went about 10x too far in defending him.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:50 pm

Your taking my words out of context. I didnt use drunk as a defense. I used it to explain why he would do such a dumb thing. Being drunk makes you do stupid things. This is a stupid thing. More than likely an excess of alcohol led to this. Thats no excuse, but thats probably why one guy went after another with a minature baseball bat and the other guy blasted him.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 07, 2004 11:02 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I just said he may have a reason in the court of law for blowing him away.

Being drunk is not a reason or a defence in law.

What exactly is your point?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers